– Participating in Connecting Families to build on Rogers Connected for Success as it celebrates 5th anniversary with 250th housing partner –

Join the conversation: #ConnectedForSuccess #ConnectingFamilies

TORONTO, June 6, 2018 – Rogers today welcomed the Government of Canada’s announcement of the upcoming launch of Connecting Families. Our participation will build on the work of our low-cost high speed internet program Connected for Success, which marked its 5th anniversary this week. Connected for Success now has 250 housing partners and more than 200,000 households are eligible for this low-cost high speed internet service.

Unveiled in June 2013, Rogers was the first to launch such an initiative in Canada through a partnership with Toronto Community Housing, and we will offer low-cost high speed internet to even more Canadians through our participation in the Government of Canada’s Connecting Families initiative.

“I’m really pleased Rogers will be participating in Connecting Families and building on the work of our low-cost internet program Connected for Success, which marked its 5th anniversary this week,” said Joe Natale, President and Chief Executive Officer.

“This next step is about continuing to invest in our communities to connect Canadians with what matters to them and to the digital economy. Bridging the digital divide through low-cost high-speed Internet will open a world of possibilities to even more families — whether engaging with classmates and teachers, accessing online employment resources, or connecting with friends and family at home and abroad.”

Connected for Success is available to eligible households across the Rogers Cable footprint in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Ontario through partnerships with 250 housing partners, including 100 co-operatives. This program, for rent-geared-to-income and subsidized tenants, compliments the new Connecting Families initiative, to launch in the fall for families that receive the maximum Child Care Benefit (CCB).

Connected for Success offers high-speed internet access for $9.99 per month + taxes, which includes up to 100 GB with speeds of up to 10 Mbps download and up to 1 Mbps upload. No contract or credit check is required upon sign up. Connecting Families will include the same terms for eligible participants when the program is launched in the fall.

About Rogers
Rogers is a leading diversified Canadian communications and media company.  We are Canada’s largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada’s leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised and online shopping, magazines and trade publications, and sports entertainment. Our shares are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:  RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).

15 responses to “Rogers to connect even more Canadians through participation in Connecting Families initiative”

1. Wendy cory says:

So, connecting for success begins in the fall for eligible families

Hi Wendy! Connected for Success is currently available to eligible households (Connected Families launches this fall). To see if you’re eligible, please contact the Connected for Success team at 1-866-689-0758.

2. First I want to congratulate Rogers Communications for the Connected for Success program .

I volunteer in the community of Carlington, the densest population of low income families in Ottawa and also the one with the least community and social infrastructure. I was awarded the Trailblazer award by CBC last year and the project I undertake work.

I would like to set up an internet Cafe at 1475 Caldwell, a building owned by Ottawa Community Housing and registered for Connected for Success. I have sent an email request and spoke repeatedly to the Connected for Success team on the phone to see if I could get the $10/month rate for the internet Cafe. It has been months now and I have not heard back. I’m sure your service team is very busy but I would appreciate an answer.

To be clear no one would be charged for internet access or WIFI in the cafe. The monthly fee would be paid out of my pocket so a good rate would be much appreciated. I am also willing to explore deeper partnership with Rogers.

Best Regards,

3. Rahman says:

Congratulations Rogers! Its a great initiative. Just wondering, if there would be options for getting higher speeds for someone eligible for Connecting Families program? And what happens, if the monthly data limit of 100GB is exceeded?

Thanks.

• RogersPaul says:

Thank you, Rahman! Apologies for the delayed reply. The speeds are set at 10Mbps download/1 Mbps upload for this program. If participants happen to go over their monthly allowance, Rogers will take care of the overage fees!

4. Sung Yong Chung says:

it’s great to hear there is a good program to support some family. I have a concern about going over monthly allowance. I remember it was costly and we download or downstream a lot of stuffs for our children. it will easily go over 100 Gb. I saw above that Rogers will take care of the overage fees. I just wanted to make sure if there is a limit to it. For example, if we uses 300 Gb, would Rogers still cover that?

5. George says:

Hello,
    I received a letter from Government of Canada with information I’m eligible for Connecting Families initiative. I called Rogers and they gave me direct phone number: 866 694 8389. I keep on calling this number, but it’s either busy or nobody answers it. Is there any other direct number to Rogers Connect Families program?

• RogersPaul says:

Hi George, thank you for your message today. I’ll be sure to follow up and see what’s happening with that number. In the meantime, you can apply online here and the team will be in touch in 48 business hours to discuss next steps.

6. Lorraine says:

I called about 2 weeks ago about 10 times and no answer I just kept getting the voicemail i left a message. I still have not gotten a phone call back.

7. Elise says:

Hi, I just noticed that Bell will offer higher speeds and offer an up charge for families that choose the upgrade. Speeds equivalent to 75mbps ROGERS for only 29$. Can Rogers offer higher speeds to connected for success families? Families with teenagers would struggle at 10 Mbps.

The unlimited download aspect is great but this is a question about speed? Thank-you

Our representatives can definitely explore other internet options that would work best for you and your family, including faster speeds. If you received a letter from the Government and you’ve activated your pin code, you can call 1-866-689-0758 to speak with one of our specialists.

8. Anne says:

How much more would it cost to add onto the meg\sec?

Good morning, Anne! The plan we currently have available offers speeds of up to 10 Mbps download and up to 1 Mbps upload, but if you’ve received the letter from the Government of Canada, please call 1-866-689-0758 to speak with our team.