2018 Ombudsman Report

Message from the Ombudsman

It is with pride that I have assumed the role of Rogers Ombudsman in late 2018 from my predecessor, Deborah Evans. Since taking on the role, I’ve been impressed with the team’s level of professionalism and dedication to investigate and seek opportunities to resolve customer concerns. In addition to assisting 3096 customers in having their concerns addressed by Rogers and Fido, the team of 5 Ombudsman Case Managers were able to investigate 530 customer complaints in 2018 (up 9% from 2017) with a 97% resolution rate.

I believe that Rogers is making great strides in enhancing the customer experience by putting our customers first in everything we do. This is evident in the new products and services Rogers recently introduced that address the needs and feedback from consumers, such as Ignite TV and Upfront Edge.

That said, I also recognize there are still opportunities to do better. Our office continues to hear from customers who feel that Rogers or Fido haven’t listened, understood their concern, or proposed a reasonable solution. I believe this type of customer feedback is invaluable and I am pleased that the Ombudsman office is able to share the result of our investigations with the business to prevent similar disputes from arising in the future.

I encourage you to review this report and see how we are doing. Working together, I believe the Ombudsman’s Office will continue to help Rogers and Fido improve, making it easier for you to do business.

Jeff Smith
Ombudsman

Click here to view the 2018 Ombudsman report.

Please contact the Office of the Ombudsman if you would like copies of annual reports from previous years.

8 responses to “2018 Ombudsman Report”

1. Samantha says:

Can you please contact me I have had a years worth of an issue not getting resolved regardless of how I go about dealing with it. I am not aggressive yet have been hung up twice by a manager be cause they do not see a way to help me.

Hi Samantha, apologies for the issues you’re experiencing. Unfortunately, this isn’t a customer service channel … please contact our customer care via Twitter @RogersHelps, Facebook.com/Rogers, or one of the additional methods listed here: http://www.rogers.com/contactus

2. Laura Jones says:

I am stunned that Rogers can pretend to resolve problems through reports and expect customers to believe it. I have not had consistent email access to my Rogers email for the past full 3 months. The agent even suggested I find someone younger to help me resolve the problem.

Good morning, Laura! Have you tried contacting our technical support team on Twitter @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers? They can help with your e-mail issues!

3. Andrew Heslop says:

Why can’t I see Rogers digital TV packages online anymore. I am getting really tired of the service that I am getting. I don’t watch a lot of TV but feel I am not getting what I pay for. I would like some to contact me about services provided.

• RogersPaul says:

Hey Andrew, thank you for connecting with us. As we focus the spotlight on our Ignite TV services, we’ve removed our Digital TV packages from rogers.com to avoid confusion for customers seeing two different types of TV bundles. Rest assured we still support our Digital TV customers and one of our representatives will be happy to assist with finding the right solution for you. Please see our contact us page for the best way to get in touch.

4. Phil Deveau says:

I have been receiving numerous annoying calls from a collection agency involving a past due bill with Rogers. I have never used your services, ever!! More than seven years ago my residence was rented out, but I was never the responsible party for any of those services. I’ve asked to see proof of my name on the bill and even though that proof has not been forthcoming, I still continue to receive the harassing phone calls. How do we make this issue go away?
    Phil Deveau

• RogersPaul says:

Hi Phil – I recommending giving us a call at 1-888-764-3771 to speak with our credit operations team. They can look up the file and advise what steps to take to remedy the situation.