Shapovalov Leads Canada’s Davis Cup Team into Action against India, Sept. 15-17 on Sportsnet
– Madani, Faulds and Bettauer anchor coverage live from Edmonton –
TORONTO (September 14, 2017) The Canadian Davis Cup team is back in action this weekend, taking on India in a World Group Playoff tie, and Sportsnet has exclusive coverage of the three-day event beginning Friday, Sept. 15 at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT on Sportsnet ONE. Looking to keep their spot in the elite 16-team World Group, Canada plays host to India in a best-of-five match series at Northlands Coliseum in Edmonton.
Reporter Arash Madani is on the ground in Edmonton keeping fans up-to-date on all the latest news. He will also host the live broadcast coverage and get immediate reaction from players and coaches pre- and post-match. Rob Faulds will call the play-by-play for the weekend alongside analyst and former Davis Cup team member Robert Bettauer.
Canada’s team is headlined by tennis’s newest star Denis Shapovalov, who skyrocketed to No. 51 in the world over the last month with a semifinal appearance at Rogers Cup followed by a fourth round showing at the US Open. Also playing for Canada are Vasek Pospisil, Brayden Schnur and veteran doubles player Daniel Nestor.
In addition to every point of every match, the broadcast will feature an in-depth look at Canada’s promising tennis future:
- Shapovalov: Get an inside look into the past month of the young phenom’s life as his star has risen from anonymity to ubiquity seemingly overnight.
- Felix Auger-Aliassime: You have to go back 15 years, when Rafael Nadal was just a teenager, to find the last time someone as young as Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime cracked the ATP Top 200. Find out what makes this 17-year old so special, and what makes his relationship with Shapovalov so unique.
To keep fans up to speed on all things Davis Cup, Sportsnet.ca has all the latest news, results, analysis, and interviews throughout the weekend.
Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Playoffs – Canada vs. India Broadcast Schedule
*All Sportsnet broadcasts available to stream on Sportsnet NOW
**Schedule is subject to change
Friday, Sept. 15
- Singles Matches, 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)
- Brayden Schnur vs. Ramkumar Ramanathan, followed by
- Denis Shapovalov vs. Yuki Bhambri
Saturday, Sept. 16
- Doubles Match, 3 p.m. ET/ Noon PT (Sportsnet ONE)
- Daniel Nestor and Vasek Pospisil vs. Rohan Bopanna and Purav Raja
Sunday, Sept. 17
- Singles Matches, 3 p.m. ET / Noon PT (Sportsnet ONE)
- Denis Shapovalov vs. Ramkumar Ramanathan, followed by
- Brayden Schnur vs. Yuki Bhambri
Social Media Links
Official Website, Sportsnet http://www.sportsnet.ca/
Like Sportsnet http://www.facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet @Sportsnet
Follow Arash Madani @ArashMadani
Follow Rob Faulds @SNFaulds
Follow Robert Bettauer @rbett56
Official Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand, uniting Canadians through sport with the content they love, accessible from anywhere. Delivering world-class storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level, the multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet 650, Sportsnet NOW, and the Sportsnet app. Sportsnet consists of four regional channels (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific), and the nationally-distributed Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, and Sportsnet World. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multimedia rights holder, and is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN), Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN) and Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650). Sportsnet also has exclusive TV & radio coverage of all 162 Blue Jays games, as well as other MLB games, Toronto Raptors, NBA, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, and extensive soccer programming including Premier League, Bundesliga, FA Cup and 2018 FIFA World Cup European Qualifiers.
Jordan Kerbel, email@example.com, (m) 437.995.3880
Sarah Grossman, firstname.lastname@example.org, (m) 416.509.9694