Sportsnet Programming Note: Sportsnet Delivers Multiplatform Coverage of GM Week, Starting Tomorrow
July 20, 2021 – While the battle for the Stanley Cup may be over, action across the NHL is heating up! This week on Sportsnet and SN NOW, NHL general managers will be in the hot seat as they lay foundation for the future of their franchise with three critical dates – the NHL Expansion Draft (July 21), the 2021 NHL Draft (July 23 & 24) and NHL Free Agency (July 28).
Sportsnet will have hockey fans coast-to-coast covered with action-packed GM Week coverage, beginning July 21. The network’s exclusive schedule includes:
Wednesday, July 21
- 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT – NHL Expansion Draft (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
- In an exclusive co-production with ESPN and the NHL Network, Sportsnet takes fans to Seattle as the Kraken build its 2021-22 roster in a star-studded affair.
Friday, July 23
- 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT – 2021 NHL Draft: Round 1 (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- Sportsnet, ESPN and the NHL Network come together to deliver wall-to-wall virtual coverage, providing fans a first glimpse of their home team’s future stars. Sportsnet’s Sam Cosentino and Elliotte Friedman, alongside guest insider and former NHL GM Geoff Gorton, join the coverage to provide real-time updates and analysis.
Saturday, July 24
- 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT – 2021 NHL Draft: Round 2-7 (Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
Wednesday, July 28
- 10:30 a.m. ET / 7:30 a.m. PT – Sportsnet Central (Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
- The Central team wraps up Olympic action in Tokyo and tees up live Free Agency coverage on Sportsnet.
- 11:30 a.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. PT – Hockey Central: Signing Season (Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
- A one-stop-shop for all things NHL Free Agency, the Hockey Central panel serves up the latest headlines, predictions and analysis.
In addition to exclusive TV and streaming coverage, Sportsnet will keep Canada’s fans up-to-date on the latest hockey headlines, transactions and analysis in real-time on the Sportsnet App and sportsnet.ca.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, SN NOW+, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.