Sportsnet Takes Hockey Fans End-To-End with Hockey Central Trade Deadline, Feb. 25
Join the conversation: #NHLTrade
TORONTO (February 21, 2019) As the trade buzz gets louder and the clock continues to tick down, Sportsnet’s lineup of hockey experts are gearing up to deliver nine hours of breaking NHL news, analysis and exclusive interviews with Hockey Central Trade Deadline, live on Monday, Feb. 25.
Waking up with hockey fans coast-to-coast, Canada’s home of hockey is lacing up for multiplatform NHL Trade Deadline coverage beginning at 5:30 a.m. ET on the Sportsnet Radio Network and 8 a.m. ET / 5 a.m. PT on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW. As the 3 p.m. ET deadline looms, hockey fans can also stay on top of the latest news on sportsnet.ca and the Sportsnet app.
Sportsnet’s extensive Hockey Central Trade Deadline coverage on television, radio and digital includes:
Television – Sportsnet & Sportsnet NOW
Anchored from the Hockey Central studios in Toronto, Sportsnet’s all-star roster of NHL insiders brings fans breaking news and expert analysis throughout Monday’s marathon broadcast.
- Jeff Marek, David Amber and Caroline Cameron host nine hours of live coverage, focusing on the deadline moves of Canada’s NHL teams.
- Insiders Elliotte Friedman, Chris Johnston, Nick Kypreos and John Shannon deliver breaking news and details on the buyers and sellers from around the league.
- Bringing a combined 25 years as NHL executives to the table, former General Managers Brian Burke and Doug MacLean lend their personal experiences of Trade Deadline from inside a NHL head office.
- Former NHLers Colby Armstrong, Kevin Bieksa, Kelly Hrudey and Marc Savard give a player’s perspective to the biggest news day in hockey.
- Steve Dangle keeps tabs on the world of social media leading up to the 3 p.m. ET deadline.
Stationed around the league, Sportsnet’s lineup of reporters brings hockey fans to ice level with the latest news from their favourite Canadian teams:
- Montreal Canadiens – Nikki Reyes reports from New Jersey as the Habs prepare for their matchup with the Devils.
- Ottawa Senators – Kyle Bukauskas delivers updates from the Sens locker room during their off-day.
- Toronto Maple Leafs – Shawn McKenzie keeps Leafs fans up-to-date before action gets underway vs. Buffalo.
- Winnipeg Jets – Sean Reynolds provides insight into the Jets moves leading up to the deadline.
- Edmonton Oilers – Gene Principe reports on the Oilers’ moves before their game in Nashville.
- Calgary Flames – Ryan Leslie delivers the latest Flames news from the road.
- Vancouver Canucks – Dan Murphy keeps tabs on the Canucks’ movements before puck drop at Rogers Arena.
Following the deadline, hockey fans can join Tim & Sid for a complete recap of the action from around the NHL, beginning at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW.
Radio – The Sportsnet Radio Network
From sun-up to the deadline, Sportsnet’s radio broadcast teams keep Canada’s hockey fans up-to-date with breaking news, expert guests and engaging conversation.
- Sportsnet 590 The FAN – Toronto
- Coverage kicks off at 5:30 a.m. ET with Sportsnet’s Starting Lineup.
- Throughout the day, Toronto’s all-sports station breaks down the biggest signings for Canada’s teams, leading up to Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown from 4-7 p.m. ET.
- Sportsnet 960 The FAN – Calgary
- In Calgary, The FAN brings listeners day-long trade deadline coverage starting at 5:30 a.m. MT with Boomer and Warrener in the Morning through to The Big Show and concluding at 10 p.m. MT.
- On-air and online, The FAN keeps Calgary sports fans up-to-date on key trades with a special focus on the Flames.
- Sportsnet 650 – Vancouver
- Delivering the news that matters most to Vancouver’s hockey fans, Sportsnet 650’s coverage kicks off at 5:30 a.m. PT with Sportsnet’s Starting Lineup.
- From the morning commute to the afternoon drive, the station’s lineup of experts breakdown the latest moves out of the Canucks head office and around the NHL.
The ultimate online destination for Canadian hockey fans, Sportsnet.ca and the Sportsnet app are a one-stop-shop for all the Trade Deadline news.
- Trade Tracker: Real-time breaking updates and action leading up to and on Trade Deadline day.
- Trade Deadline Live Blog: NHL editor Rory Boylen keeps fans up-to-date with instant analysis, news, rumours and all the deals throughout the day.
- Comprehensive Analysis and Coverage:
- Pre- and post-deadline analysis columns from Luke Fox (Toronto), Eric Engels (Montreal), Eric Francis (Calgary), Mark Spector (Edmonton), Iain McIntyre (Vancouver), Boylen (Winnipeg) and Wayne Scanlan (Ottawa) deliver in-depth coverage of deadline news.
- Ryan Dixon breaks down the day’s winners and losers, while Fox updates the NHL Power Rankings post-deadline.
- Fans can keep their finger on the pulse of the NHL action with news, infographics, real-time Insider analysis videos, end-of-day recaps and more on Sportsnet’s Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Jeff Marek @JeffMarek
Follow David Amber @DavidAmber
Follow Caroline Cameron @SNCaroline
Follow Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Follow Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Follow Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Follow John Shannon @JSportsnet
Follow Brian Burke @Burkie2020
Follow Doug MacLean @DougMacLean
Follow Kelly Hrudey @KellyHrudey
Follow Colby Armstrong @armdog
Follow Kevin Bieksa @kbieksa3
Follow Marc Savard @MSavvy91
Follow Steve Dangle @Steve_Dangle
Follow Nikki Reyes @Nikki_Reyes
Follow Kyle Bukauskas @SNkylebukauskas
Follow Ryan Leslie @ryanleslie73
Follow Shawn McKenzie @ShawnMcKenzieSN
Follow Gene Principe @GenePrincipe
Follow Sean Reynolds @snseanreynolds
Follow Dan Murphy @sportsnetmurph
Follow Tim & Sid @timandsid
Follow Tim Micallef @tim_micallef
Follow Sid Seixeiro @Sid_Seixeiro
Follow Sportsnet 590 The FAN @FAN590
Follow Sportsnet 960 The FAN @Sportsnet960
Follow Sportsnet 650 @Sportsnet650
Follow Luke Fox @lukefoxjukebox
Follow Eric Francis @EricFrancis
Follow Eric Engels @EricEngels
Follow Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
Follow Iain MacIntyre @imacSportsnet
Follow Rory Boylen @RoryBoylen
Follow Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner
Follow Ryan Dixon @Dixononsports
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Premier League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.