Episode 7: Creating Meaning at Work
How do you find meaning at work? Is it about loving the tasks you have to do each day – or is it more about your outlook? Is it about following your dreams and making your work your life – or following the dollar signs and living for the weekend?
- Jacob Hirsh, a personality psychologist, describes how meaning and purpose are directly tied to one’s personal values, and explains why millennials are more likely to take a pay cut in order to work for a company that aligns with those values. @rotmanschool
- Julie Lee, co-creator of The Values Project asserts you must first know what your values are – and offers a way to find them. @UWAresearch @uwanews
- Sharon Arieli a professor who studies values, explains how and where to enact those values.
- Dave Mayer at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, describes how to compare our personal values with our company’s stated values. @DaveMMayer @MichiganRoss
- Emily Esfanahani Smith, author of The Power of Meaning, tells us practical ways we can rethink that relationship to find meaning and happiness at work. @EmEsfahaniSmith
Download and Listen:
For the Love of Work is made possible by Rogers.