Rogers Media Rebrands Tillsonburg’s Easy 101 to Easy 101.3, Beginning Today

Under its new brand Easy 101.3, The Perfect Music Mix, audiences will continue to hear their favourite songs with new exciting shows throughout the day
Starting Monday, Aug. 20, ‘No Repeat Work Day’ from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. will keep listeners company throughout the day with a fresh new programming lineup

TILLSONBURG, ON (August 15, 2018) –
Starting today, Easy 101 listeners get an update of their favourite local station with a refreshed look and feel as the new Easy 101.3.  Continuing to play the best adult contemporary hits of yesterday and today, the new Easy 101.3 builds on its deep history in Southwestern Ontario with strong local content that connects to the community, while adding unique features, including the ‘No Repeat Work Day’ from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, starting Monday, Aug. 20.

“Southwestern Ontario has welcomed us into their daily lives for many years, and today, we’re evolving our brand to continue to bring listeners the music they know and love,” said Alan Smith, Program Director, Easy 101.3, JACK 102.3, and Country 107.3, Rogers Radio. “Our energetic lineup will keep listeners company all day long, and create a competitive Adult Contemporary station in the region.”

On Monday, Aug. 20, listeners will tune in to the fresh new programming, including Mornings with Mark and Meghan, featuring Mark Paine and Meghan Spotswood, plus Jaynel White in the mid-day slot, and Cathy Wagner on the afternoon drive. Evening listeners will catch the popular John Tesh Radio Show with Intelligence for Your Life.

Audiences can hear Easy 101.3 on air, online at Easy1013.ca, and on the Radioplayer Canada app.

Social Media links
Follow Easy 101.3 on Twitter @Easy1013
Like Easy 101.3 on Facebook.com/Easy1013
Follow Easy 101.3 on Instagram @Easy1013
Follow Rogers Media PR on Twitter @RogersMediaPR
Follow Rogers Media PR on Instagram @rogersmediapr

About Rogers Media
Rogers Media is a diverse media and content company that engages more than 30 million Canadians each week. The company’s multimedia offerings include 55 radio stations, 30 local TV stations, 24 conventional and specialty television stations, 8 magazines, podcasts, digital and e-commerce websites, and sporting events. Rogers Media delivers unique storytelling through its range of powerful brands: Maclean’s, City, OMNI Television, Today’s Parent, TSC, KiSS, FX, Sportsnet – Canada’s #1 specialty network, and the Blue Jays – Canada’s only Major League Baseball team. Rogers Media is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit RogersMedia.com.

67 responses to “Rogers Media Rebrands Tillsonburg’s Easy 101 to Easy 101.3, Beginning Today”

1. Jim Thorup says:

Sorry but the first day of listening to the new format sucks , already stations that play that same crap .. the old 101.3
    had a unique playlist unlike any in the area …Why change ? .. so nowhere to get my 70’s and 60’s hits . Just took it
    off my presets in my truck , have been listening to it for years ….Good Bye 101

• Earlene says:

I am sorry to say I agree with all of the above comments. SOOOOO very sorry that so many people lost their jobs at the station. I do not like this new format at all…I have been a listener of the old station for many, many years & now have turned to listening to my CDs. I really miss John Biggs in the mornings…we live in London & cannot get the 107.3 station. John always would talk about interesting subjects & have a laugh or two for us!! Good bye Tillsonburg radio station.

2. Jan Partridge says:

My husband and I have been listening to your station for years. We like to get the news starting early in the morning. What happened to the news? Not everyone jumps on their electronic devices first thing each day. Sadly unless you bring back some “live” people our listening days to 101.3 are done.

3. Gerry says:

So disappointed to turn on my radio this morning to hear about the changes to personalities . We miss John Begg’s humour and easy manner. He may be on 107.3, but that frequency doesn’t come in clearly on our radios both at home and in the car!
    The more “rock” type music isn’t our preference, especially in the morning, and that’s why we enjoyed turning on to 101.3. It was good to hear Cathy Wegner will still be on board. She has such a lovely, friendly voice and manner. Sadly, you’ve lost some loyal listeners.
    Gerry

4. Mary says:

So sad to hear that this radio station has changed. We loved the early morning chats loved the music and the news. Now it just sounds like all the other radio stations. It sure is a big disappointment. Feels like we lost friend!

5. BRIAN says:

I HAVE BEEN A LISTENER FOR MANY YEARS BUT NOW FELICIA IS GONE AND NO HOURLY NEWS,HARDLY ANY OLDIES I WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW STATION. FELICIA WAS GREAT AND I AM SURE SHE WILL BE MISSED

6. Wes says:

I was driving down the road this morning and I was wondering what was playing on the radio. I had to check online to see what happened to Easy 101. I’m very disappointed with a radio station that I’ve been listening to since I was kid. My Grandma and Grandpa used to listen to it, my parents listened to it, and then me and my wife listened to it as well. However I won’t be listening anymore.

7. PETER HESS says:

SO NOW I AM LISTENING TO NO FELICIA, AND NO GARY , AND THE 60’S AT 6. NOW WE HAVE THE REWIND, AND IT MUST BE CHEAPER TO HAVE TESH AT NIGHT , THAN A REAL LIVE PERSON. I KNOW I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT JAYNEL WHITE, DOES NOT WANT TO GO SHOPPING WITHOUT HER HUSBAND ANY MORE. BOY THAT IS SO SWEET, IT JUST ABOUT TURNS ME INTO A DIABETIC.
    YEAH ROGERS, LET’S JUST BE LIKE THE OLD 97.5 BEFORE IT WENT THROUGH THE CHANGE.

HOPE YOU GET THE MESSAGE, THAT NOT ALL OF YOUR LISTENERS, ARE GOING TO BE BUYING LEXUS’S. I AM SURE YOU BEST SWITCH OVER TO THE TOYOTOTOWN PART OF THE COMPANY. THEY ALL MAY ENJOY THE COROLLA’S
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHANGE , AS I FEEL THERE STEADY LISTENERS, WELL LET US SEE THE FALLOUT ROGERS.

WHAT WILL THE BBM’S HAVE TO SAY. THAT IS THE REAL TEST. HOPE THEY GET HOLD OF ME.
    NOT LOVING THE CORPORATE IMAGE OF TORONTO, SNEAKING INTO TILLSONBURG

8. BWG says:

Thank goodness I use Tune-in as my online radio … so easy to switch to Wave.fm (www.wave.fm) which has now become my preferred choice for “Easy” listening.

So sorry to see 101.3 leave us loyal listeners behind. The end of an era. Hope your changes will help you survive – but given the comments on this board, it appears someone has made a huge miscalculation.

9. Susan says:

What a disappointment! Where is the kind morning man? Where is my music? What a nasty change … I have been listening to this station since very young. Now you sound like all the others. Who wants to hear the typical guy/ gal fake energetic duo in the morning? Ugh. My daughter called to tell me that “you lost your station, Mom.” Indeed I did.

10. Diane says:

Truly a huge huge disappointment. You have just “rebranded” yourself out of many many listeners that opened their day with years of actual news, daily informative road/weather reports, pleasant conversations by the now ‘gone’ DJ’s, except for Cathy Wagner. If I were interested in your rebranded station format, I would not have been listening to the tried and true Tillsonburg station in the first place. John Tesh! Really!! Of course your other 30 million Canadians engaging in your enterprise could care little about a fine local
    station that cared and catered to this local community.
    These replies of course go nowhere except allow venting of sorts. We are all aware of that.
    Goodbye 101.3 “Easy” 101.3 ? Definitely no longer.

11. Elizabeth says:

A few years ago my husband and I retired from GTA to this area. Happy to give up the hustle bustle of big city life for a friendlier relaxed pace. Discovered Easy 101 enjoying the music and happy banter of the announcers. Got us out and about exploring our new home and area. Local news and sports relating to small town ON. Refreshing. The new format reminds us of what we left behind, and to lose the familiar voices and stories of the personalities without any notice is sad. You got it wrong again Roger’s, missed the mark on local needs. Switched the station off, no longer programmed on our radio. TV wasn’t the death of radio, greed was.

12. John says:

Way to ruin another great radio station with another “perfect” rehash of Bob, Jack, Karl or “whatever”. Another truly horrible radio station for the SW Ontario listeners, packed full of forgettable pop songs and banal announcers that we could only hope to forget. Thanks for “our perfect balance sheet mix” Rogers Media – absolutely shameful.

13. lyla says:

What happened to John Biggs? Can’t even get the station you said he’s on!
    Really disappointed with the new morning line-up and will have to
    look for another station for news and music that is listenable.

14. Dick says:

By what measure did you think you needed a pop/rock station format (and some of the music to go with it)? You were a pleasant change from the loud, brash, shotgun-talking pop/rockers, but, sadly, no more. We can’t even count on news at consistent regular times! Everything has become a let’s-see-how-fast-we-can-talk contest! And now, the ultimate letdown: John Tesh. Not only do I dislike that show, but, obviously, a plug-in network show means less local on-air staff. I feel sorry for those who were unceremoniously dumped. Thank goodness you kept Cathy. She’s the only ray of sunshine! “Easy” – NOT! “Perfect Music Mix” – NOT! Perfect Disappointment – YES! Disconcerting (says Mark Paine) – YES!

15. Len says:

Not impressed. I miss the local news, banter and music selection.
    Goodbye 101.3

16. Linda says:

Not impressed with the change. Easy 101 was unique, it played songs that you don’t hear all the time, songs that are easy to listen to and bring back memories – I could listen for hours and thoroughly enjoy it. I like songs from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. I miss John Biggs and Matt Hutchinson in the morning – they were easy to listen to. Glad they kept Cathy Wegner but I’ll miss Felicia Goldstein too. Not sure if there is a contest now to see how fast the new announcers can talk? Not a good way to start my day – I find it stressful. I miss the informative news, weather and sports. I don’t like mindless drivel – if I wanted that I would have been listening to the other channels all along. Now this channel is the same as all the others. Where is the Easy listening channel now? Is there one? I am looking for a new channel.

17. Janet McHugh says:

So sad Rogers! Making money overcame enjoyment ! Have loved Tillsonburg radio and the wonderful people who worked there, for many, many years, always streemed it on my computer for the winter in Florida! It’s terrible now, have lost all those caring people, thank goodness for Cathy in the afternoon, only great thing about the station now. Can’t stand John Tesh, don’t need that crap in our life.
    So sad !!!

18. Mary Vandermeer says:

Came home from holidays and went to listen to my favorite station and WOW what a change. WOW what a disappointment.
    I am 51 years old and have been listening to this station since I have been able to drive and control the presets on my car. I thought I wait to give it a chance, but I am SO disappointed. If I wanted to listen to this I would listen to my children’s stations.
    I miss the voices too. I would laugh out loud in the morning. Not any more. They are working to hard to be funny or accepted.
    My biggest complaint is the news. I would always listen to the news. It was always so informative, lots of news and it kept me up on things, both local and not local, federal and provincial. It was always very informative. I guess this is my biggest disappointment. I use to sit in my car and listen to the news even if I had arrived at my destination/home because it was so informative, I wanted to listen and be aware of what was happening. I do not watch tv or read the paper, Easy 101.3 was my news source. It was also great how long the station lasted. I could drive several km in several directions and still receive this station. That has most likely changed too. Please bring back the old Easy and all will be forgiven.
    Please don’t force me to find a new station.

19. Helena Neufeld says:

Not really enjoying all the “pop” crap music you are playing. We really enjoyed the ‘Easy Listening’ music. If I wanted to hear pop or rap music…I would be listening to one of the dozens of other inane choices out there. We picked Easy 101for a reason.
    Disappointed to lose the announcers and news casters.
    Hoping you actually read these comments and take them to heart.

• D. S|toakley says:

We agree with comments about the new “Burton Cummings Radio”. Is Burton the only Canadian performer. Anyway after years of CHFI while living in Toronto area, we were happy to find the old 101.3. Now we look elsewhere.

20. Ike says:

I grew up with this station. All I wanted was to play less of Stylistics not CHANGE the whole format. Now a lot of junk being played. Very disappointed.

21. joeinvestor says:

What the heck was management thinking with the change in format of this successful station? Now you sound like every other radio station in that you are playing the same canned crap that is unique to stations like Virgin Radio.

Whatever happened to real musicians who composed and wrote music and played real instruments? As time goes by we seem to be sliding more and more to mediocrity with our entertainment. I guess it is getting time to dispose of the radio as it is no longer worthwhile as an entertainment and information device. Thank goodness we have choice the internet provides us.

22. Pablo Escobar says:

First day back to school… what’s this nonsense we hear at 6 am??? We turn on lights double check the tuning and realize a significant change has been made. We have made a change as well, as well as many others. See above… miscalculation indeed. Goodbye 101.3

23. Lori says:

I have listened to 101.3 for years and years and years. It was one of the best stations out there! The Sixties @ 6pm was a huge hit among older and younger listeners. During the day, the programming was also great! A favourite of offices and businesses all over Kitchener.

Well I did not know ahead of time changes were coming so after a vacation when I was driving in my car thinking I was listening to my regular radio station my only thought was someone must have changed the station. I checked and re-checked but it was set to the right number. What I was hearing was not, let me repeat, NOT any thing like it had been in the past. Still not knowing about the “CHANGE” I figured it was just an off song or two. Finally I did change the station.

Next time I’m in the car I try again. Oh no – the same crap still playing. I listened for as long as I could, waiting and hoping to hear a familiar voice in-between songs but still – no luck. This went on for days and days.

I get in the car at one of my favourite times, a little after 6, excited for my sing-a-long time and OMG – HUGE disappointment!! Finally I admit to myself something is definitely wrong, the station is gone and I must investigate.

Lead me to search and sadly discover someone decided to change the format and the talent!! Of course I am not surprised to find out they are owned by Rogers. Rogers are terrible at every thing they touch!!

I have read all the comments here and I am glad I have a chance to vent even though I know it means nothing to Rogers.

They have taken something so great and destroyed it. Rogers seems to value only opinions and dollars of those under 35. This will backfire on them eventually, I hope. I know more people over 35 that listen to actual radio, most under prefer satellite and no commercials. I know more people over 35 with money, you know that green stuff we use to buy things. I know more people over 35 with a family that actually own cars, get in them, go places and listen to the radio on the way.

I guess I’m just sick of no one ever appreciating any thing any more that has some history etc. Too many businesses and people want to through every thing out. Rogers, instead of being a follower, you have been a leader, you should have kept something that was working and showed it, the staff, the listeners and the advertisers some “actual” respect and kept it.

Well like many other people here, I too will never see 101.3 on my radio or computer screen again. I will have to be my own DJ. Good thing is no commercials on my playlist 🙂

• J says:

Absolutely agree wholeheartedly. I too couldn’t believe what I was listening to day after day until I clued in.
      Such a shame. Hopefully anyone out there who finds a similar station to the old Easy 101.3 will share with us all on here.

24. April says:

Loving the new morning show with Mark Paine. I used to listen to him in Kitchener Waterloo.

25. Sarah says:

WOW! I just listened for the first time and LOVE the new station. I have it playing in my store and everyone comments when they come in how great the music is. THANKS!

26. Janis Kemp says:

I was upset when I first heard the changes but the more I listen the more I like the new Easy 101. I wanted to hate the new hosts because I felt connected to the former ones but I know in time they will feel more like family. I’m going to stick around because local information is important to me.

27. Jessica M says:

I’m so glad to hear those hokey old jingles are gone! The change was a bit of a shock but I’m slowly starting to enjoy it more and more.

28. Phil says:

I’m really enjoying the new sound for Easy 101.3! Keep up the good work!

29. Nancy says:

I have to agree with the majority of those commenting on the new format I am NOT impressed with Mark and Meg. Their forced humour is just that forced, if I wanted that I could listen to any other station that is geared to anyone under 35.What is the saying”if it’s not broken why fix it”. You most certainly taken something that was not broken and made a mess of it. II am sorry to hear that the radio personalities that I liked to listen to have lost their jobs, good luck to them, the radio stations they have gone to have gotten the best.

30. Marilyn Simmonds says:

My husband and I hate the new 101.3.
    I agree the old format needed “tweeking” and some updating, but you threw away the entire show and replaced it with same stuff you can hear anywhere
    What you had was unique, now it’s just same as all the other stations
    Too bad, won,t be tuning in anymore….

31. JOHN LEMON says:

Pretty sure all the positive responses were written by Rogers Employees, decided would sign up first timesign in get whole pile rogers crap have decided will go to Swissh Radio on line used to be in Orillia but now working out of BC Rogers all greed fixed something that was not broken
    Will encourage advertisers i now like Reho Thompson Stratford to drop

32. Paul says:

It’s another CHYM radio – R.I.P. Easy 101

• Gerry says:

Disgusted with the new 101.3, the new format in the morning turns my stomach. Have always been so happy we had one station that was easy on the ears and actually gave some news and the hosts were congenial, easy and down to earth. This twitter in the morning grates on the nerves fast!!!! Thebotto. Line is greed, greed , greed.

33. Anita says:

A perfectly good radio format, with a local flavour and with experienced and knowledgable staff has just been ruined. We boomers are a huge demographic in the region. If we wanted to listen to London radio we would have already changed the dial and done so. Some radio broadcasting formats are classic and work because the station spoke to intelligent listeners, who want classic songs, news, weather, marine and agricultural reports, announcer banter, and local advertising.

To the new, young DJs who are now make up the morning drive format, good luck because there will be a time in their lives when they will be the ones kicked to the curb. Finally I agree with other people who have also noted that the individuals who wrote “WOW” and “LOVE” and “HOKEY” are sounding slightly staged. Who even says the word hokey anymore?

Will Rogers Management take the time to actually read all these comments, not just on this website, but others as well? I highly doubt it.

34. Wally MacKinnon says:

Goodbye Easy 101. You are gone from my favourites list. 🙁

Rogers, you screwed up big time – again!

After coming home from a lengthy summer holiday I tuned into my favourite radio station to find it no longer exists!

I suggest you FIRE the people who made the decision to change this station’s format and restore Easy 101 to it’s former self.

The “old” Easy 101 was my favourite radio station in this market. It had a special and unique appeal to a large segment of the population (including me) that you have chosen to ignore. Your new format is just one more of the same that many stations littered across the dial are offering. No much more than useless chatter and bouncy background noise.

Do the right thing. Acknowledge your mistake, bring all the original staff and on-air personalities back and restore Easy 101.

35. John Krayer-Krauss says:

Per our usual routine, I turned on the radio this morning to listen to the news, sports and weather with John Biggs and Matt Hutchinson. Wow! What a change …. gone was the warm banter, the informative time slot that I have relied on for news, music and much more. The warmth, the feeling of “family” is gone. I appreciate that change is necessary, but it should not come about for the sake of change. I too enjoyed “The 60’s at 6:00” with Gary Chiddham, the mid-day with Cathy Wagner. I do not particularly like the new format – it sounds “canned”, lacking warmth and personality. I guess I am resigned to finding another station to fill the void. I just hope that the former radio personalities of Easy 101 were treated in a fair and dignified manner when they were given their walking papers. Nobody deserves to be tossed out onto the street for the “sake of change”.

John

36. Andrew says:

Music sounds the same to me other than a lot less news but I’m getting use to it. Glad they kept Cathy.

37. Mary says:

What where you thinking when you changed your format???? I work in a factory and we all have our radios turned to 1O1.3 for the older music. I DO NO like the new format AT ALL. If I wanted to listen to that kind of music I would have been listening to heart fm, or fm96. I as well as my fellow associates who I work with will have to find and alternative radio station. SO VERY DISAPPOINTED.

38. Janice says:

This feels like losing many old friends in one shock. Odd to grieve friends you never met, but I take comfort that MANY others feel the same. They let us in their lives every day. I try to get the Country station on for John’s jokes, interesting stories and facts, and lovely deep voice, but it doesn’t always come in clearly in London. Miss him very much with Matt and saving something really funny to make him laugh. I was just getting used to turning on 101.3 tv channel 933 to wake me up, as I always struggle to not go back to sleep. Now you are making me late for work. Who do I send my invoice to? Felicia kept me company when I frequently have to work late and I so appreciate having had that. I need to find if she is somewhere else. Gary had the great afternoon voice. No one resorted to disrespectful digs to other announcers to get some immature ‘laugh’ like other stations, particularly some other London morning hosts. This was such a great station. I would much prefer them back, no one would be allowed to retire of course, but I am getting to like Zoomer radio CFZM am740, Rogers tv channel 949, and it is online if the internet is working at work. Sometimes Jewel 92. And Cathy thank goodness (!!) in the afternoon!! Some new songs like I didn’t mean to Make you Cry (?) were awesome. I imagine costs were a big factor, paying for the new equipment, but glad they don’t have to work 6 days a week. Appreciate the space for the comments. Understand you had some reasoning for change, but too much at once. We loved the old Easy 101.3. Well done to the old team. (In the dumpster maybe the old equipment is still there, Felicia….Gary….)

• Elizabeth Ann says:

Have lived in Tillsonburg over 20 years now. Found EASY 101.3 and stuck with it, until now. It was the best morning show. NOT ANY MORE. Daughter of John, you have made a BIG mistake. Have fun running to the bank. Meghan’s voice grates on my nerves. Her cackle is terrible, NOT A REAL LAUGH, and the speed of her speech WHEN she tries to read the news, well she might as well not bother, you can’t get it anyway. As for Mark, there is lots of room for improvement there also. The first morning they asked for people to give them a chance. Well, I have done that. Now I’m gone.

39. Christine says:

I am very disappointed in your new format. It came as a surprize to have no news. I was going to advertise on this station; but not now. I hate the new format and the songs that you are playing. I hate that you don’t have news and the new personalities are just stupid!
    I have been a loyal listener for years. I have sent in comments and suggestions over the years.
    But I can’t listen to this station any longer. You have lost another advertiser and listener!

40. Jane Spragg says:

Please return this radio station back to easy listening music the way it was , I have this station on all day and in the car and got many people to listen also,I can not sleep because of the music I’ve never heard before I have turned it off in my car and in my home , the sixties at six ? Sounds like someone from Toronto is thinking we’ ll get thes loyal listeners to change well I’m really missing my radio station from Tillsonburg ,, listened to this classic station a long time , ,you have truly ruined this station news music and the familiarity about this

41. Don Voigt says:

Well I gave it a month but this station now truly sucks ! You lost such an incredible amount of talent for what ? You are now just another run of the mill radio station .After so many years they are uncountable it’s sad to say but goodbye.

42. Chris says:

I have listened to this station for years as it was the best one in southern Ontario and had an enormous audience.
    Rogers has quickly destroyed the value of this station to their advertisers by losing and alienating the wealthy boomer demographic in the region.
    It was a very popular station with my patients and staff and will be difficult to replace.
    I have been so offended by this abrupt move and the firing of many loyal staff that I have decided to fire Rogers and will be cancelling my internet and other services that I have with them.
    Rogers has made a big mistake but like most large organisations would be loath to admit it.

43. Steve Bowden says:

We, like all the other listeners are saddened to hear that the format has changed, and Not for the positive. If it is not broken, why fix it. No doubt higher profit margins were behind the change. I hope as many of your advertisers as listeners, move to another station. We will miss the old crew!

44. Steve says:

45. J says:

What the heck happened to Easy 101.3???
    Moving from York Region and listening to 98.1 CHFI for years, it’s sounds like you’re trying to duplicate them, and not very well I’m afraid. The only positive to this is that we’re not hearing Murray McLachlan every other song. As lovely as Meghan Spotswood is, I can’t listen to her anymore. I can’t put my finger on it but she’s just not anchor material. Sorry!
    Bring back the old Easy 101.3 and I’ll return as a listener.

46. Ruth Wist says:

Change is not always good!!! Such is the case when Rogers changed from Easy l01.3. For many,many years was the first things to turn in the morning and last thing at nite and only to watch TV, which you are making more difficult by not carrying some sports on certain channels. Sure do miss John Beggs and Matt Hutchinson, their talent and personalities were excellent. Now very boring and uninformative. Just Crap!!!! Rogers want to have the monopoly in whatever they are connected with,but in this case, think they made a bad decision. Hope you will realize this some day as your ratings drop.

47. Rose Bakker says:

I have been a fan of 101.3 for many years, but your new format completely ruined my “easy listening” station. Too much talking etc, I tried, but no more.

48. Kirsten says:

Not only did you (apparently) ruin 101.3, you’ve ruined 107.3 by turning it into a same old, same old new country crap station. The whole reason I even listened to the station before these changes was because it played a decent mix of old and new. Now it’s all new – nothing sets it apart from any other country station with better coverage. I agree, the commercials were local and hokey, but that was part of the charm. I’ve removed the station from my pre-sets and won’t be tuning in anymore. No point.

49. John McKaig says:

The Day The Music Died………sound familiar. But should not come as a shock with the name Rogers attached to it.

50. Mabel says:

What a dissapoinment. I have tried to listen to the new version of your radio station. Now you are losing another person who used to enjoy this station. I also know you have lost many other people by listening to my family and friends negative comments. you are no longer original and have joined the many other stations that to my mind are “brain numbing. Hope you count the new. Customers but will bet the ones you have lost, or are losing will outnumber them. I listen to few loved radio stations throughout the day but, you zre out and Jewel replaces you. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

51. Debbie Cairns says:

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??? Whose brainstorm was this ? Check the demographics …..Did you really think that the listeners of Tillsonburgs Easy 101.3 were going to like the new format? Obviously someone did not do their homework or they just didn’t give a rats xxxx and just changed it to what they wanted. If we wanted to listen to this crap music we would be tuning into the other stations. We have always been proud of this station with it’s great music, 60’s @ 6, news updates and announcers ………but like everything else “big business” comes in and takes over and pushes it down our throats whether we want it or not. I bet they don’t even listen to the radio.
    So Rogers, ……it was nice of you to give us the opportunity to provide our feedback “after the deed has been done” …..but what are you going to do about it???????

52. Erin M. says:

Please give me back my regular, pre-August 2018 Easy 101. I was an avid, loyal listener precisely because Easy 101 was unlike anything else on the radio. I really miss it. Now it sounds like every other radio station — bland and generic. I stopped listening and switched to listening to radio via the TuneIn app instead. I’m so terribly disappointed. Please give me my favourite radio station back.

53. Judy W says:

Have always listened to 101.3 Tillsonburg but no longer.

54. Ro says:

I was such a loyal listener. The only station, every day, all day. Cannot stand the new format. Tried it, but keep running to turn it off. Miss the in depth traffic report, the old announcers, and the music mix. Only positive was that Cathy was kept on. Missing the mark on your demographic, The people that enjoy that music do not listen to radio anymore. Can’t wait to fill in our BBM. If it ain’t broke…

55. Peter Bokor says:

I totally agree with the negative responses. You had a unique station that has now become just another undistinguishable entity.

56. Sara says:

All radio stations repeat songs,because they can only pay so many loyalties or from what i’ve heard.We didn’t like the change at first but then we got used to it,We couldn’t find ourselves not listening to this station anymore.

57. Angela says:

I completely agree with the unfavourable comments! Rogers have taken the ONE unique radio station worth listening to and turned it into just another mediocre, pop music wasteland. Hate the forced “witty” banter, the music, just-EVERYTHING about it. Thanks again Rogers.

58. Brenda says:

I now listen to 92.1 Brantford. Everyone in Tillsonburg wanting music and news and road reports will get it from this station. They listen to what people want to hear. Such a disappointment with the station here in Tillsonburg.
    Many family members and friends from cities and towns from Chatham, London, Hamilton and surrounding areas and even as far as Florida have quit listening to 101.3.

59. CC Clark says:

Good Afternoon,
    For the past number of weeks, I’ve tried – most truly tried to give this new format a chance. BUT, wow – it is beyond annoying – today I’m tuning OFF – I’m done!
    From the second I turn the radio on in the morning, I’m annoyed. All my radios; home, work, computers & vehicles have been tuned to 101.3 for years. And now, these two morning announcers are beyond annoying, their commentary is so fake, just like ALL the other stations around. Actually, THEY sound like they are from annoying stations that I’ve had the displeasure of listening to while in other cities. I would look at their profiles, but frankly not worth my time. And then, 10am with Jaielle (or whatever her name is) – seriously, most people really could care less about her personal life – why would we care?
    And Cathy – thank god, she’s the only reason I’ve tolerated this ‘change’ for this long.
    and the oh, wow – so special John Tesh – a cheap ‘non-live’, ‘non-Canadian’ radio filler everywhere.

The No Repeat work day – ha, its like ‘groundhog day’ – different day, same annoying music playlist day after day …
    All the same ‘edgy’ crap the other stations play. It’s ONE in ten plays that aren’t annoying… shouldn’t your radio station be a personal preference, one that makes you enjoy your day, makes you feel good… That’s what EASY was for decades.

Actually, this ‘brain storm’ to take EASY in this direction, it makes me wonder why are there radio stations at all, if they all play the music, announcers all sound the same, with the same filler evening John Tesh crap. Wouldn’t it be cheaper for Rogers to blend ALL the stations that sound the same and play the same stuff, just have ONE station – same crap, different day! Sadly, I’m sure you if could figure out a way to tap into the local news & weather from the local TV station, this would be the next chapter with Rogers.

Farewell EASY 101…. you are missed!

60. Nick says:

Absolute garbage format. Have given it 2 months… But all I hear is a repeater of 96.7 Kitchener. Stop using the word “fresh” in your branding. This is stale tired, trash! You know what was fresh?

….Felicia G evenings. Live news, Brian, John, late night road reports, marine forecasts..
    … and hearing obscure hits peppered in the musically themed set lists.

People appreciate quality. Rogers radio is not where it’s at.

Stick to cell phones and internet stuff, ok?

So long Easy 101. You were a pleasure to listen to.

61. Paul Flynn says:

I don’t know why it was necessary to change the unique format of 101.3, but I do know, that you have lost me as a loyal listener. I have tuned into this station for well over twenty years, but once I heard John Tesh, that was it….I’m gone. During the current relationship with the United States, the last thing we need is another American taking away a job from well liked Canadians radio personalities. Rogers should be ashamed of this poor decision to kick Canadians to the curb.

62. Wayne says:

I’m 55 years old love hard rock music love the classic and I love the music I grew up with but I don’t like this crap the only station that we had in this area is now gone so I’ve gone back to listening to CDs thanks a lot not ! Everytime Mark goes to work at a new station I have to change the channel he sucks as a dj.