7 Unforgettable Series. 7 Canadian Teams. Sportsnet is Turning Back Time with NHL Classics: Best of Seven Series, Premiering Tonight
Join the conversation: #NHLonSN
April 20, 2020 – We’re going 7 for 7! Starting tonight, Sportsnet is lacing up to revisit Canadian hockey history with NHL Classics: Best of Seven Series. For three straight weeks, Sportsnet will bring hockey fans back in time to relive the country’s most unforgettable best-of-seven Stanley Cup Playoffs series, featuring every Canadian team.
The walk down memory lane begins tonight at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet NOW (full broadcast schedule available here).
Sportsnet’s NHL Classics: Best of Seven Series highlights the below Stanley Cup Playoff favourites from April 20 to May 9:
- 1987 Stanley Cup Final: Philadelphia Flyers vs. Edmonton Oilers – Featuring six future Hockey Hall of Famers in action, this series is considered to be the best Stanley Cup Final in NHL history.
- 1989 Stanley Cup Final: Montreal Canadiens vs. Calgary Flames – The red-hot Flames look to dethrone the Habs in what is now the last Final to be contested by two Canadian teams.
- 1993 Norris Division Semifinals: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Detroit Red Wings – Yzerman, Gilmour, and a Game 7 overtime winner to decide it all.
- 1993 Stanley Cup Final: Los Angeles Kings vs. Montreal Canadiens – Gretzky and Roy face-off in an unforgettable series worthy of the Stanley Cup Centennial.
- 2011 Western Conference, Round 1: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks – A heated rivalry and three consecutive post-season meetings boils down to a Game 7 OT nail-biter.
- 2017 Eastern Conference, Round 2: New York Rangers vs. Ottawa Senators – Erik Karlsson and the Senators look to down Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers to advance to their first Conference Final in a decade.
- 2018 Western Conference, Round 2: Winnipeg Jets vs. Nashville Predators – The Jets take on the President’s Trophy-winning Preds en route to making franchise history.