Avoiding identity theft online
Shop smart and stay cyber safe
Online shopping has never been so convenient and enjoyable – whether it’s on your computer, tablet or phone. With just a click of a button you can purchase anything, anywhere, anytime of the day. With online transactions, it’s also important to be cyber savvy and look out for any signs of identity theft and credit card fraud. To get the most out of your online shopping experience, here are three online safety tips:
- Use secure and protected websites – Ensure you’re on a secure site by checking for the padlock icon and HTTPS in your browser.
- Passwords – Use unique and complex passwords for each account and make sure you update them regularly.
- Check public WiFi connections – If you need to make a purchase on the go, always use a trusted and secure connection.
Remember these tips, shop smart and stay cyber safe!
Protect your identity online: 3 easy ways
We live in a world where information is at our fingertips and news travels in seconds. With the way that we consume and use the internet, it’s important to protect your identity online. Whether it’s social media, banking, or online shopping, here are a few simple tips to increase your personal security online.
- Use two-factor authentication whenever possible. Using two-factor authentication requires you to enter your password, plus provide a second form of verification, such as a fingerprint or passcode via text. This makes it much harder for hackers to gain access to your accounts.
- Use strong and unique passwords. Keep each account password separate and unique and use passphrases to increase security. If a cyber criminal gains access to one account, this will limit them from accessing your other accounts.
- Keep your privacy settings updated. Check in on your privacy settings so you can control who sees your posts or information.