Blue Jays: Pinoy Edition Returns to OMNI Television, March 31
– Sportscasters Andrea Aquino, Mike Cruz, Charles de Torres and Senen Salacup to cover the action live –
TORONTO (March 26, 2019) – Get your peanuts ready! Building on the success of the first season, Blue Jays: Pinoy Edition returns to Canada’s multilingual broadcaster OMNI Television, beginning Sunday, March 31. As the exclusive home for the Toronto Blue Jays in Filipino, all 27 regular season Sunday home and away games will air on OMNI Television and ICI Television Quebec. Sportscasters Andrea Aquino and Senen Salacup join the on-air broadcast team, alongside returning commentators Mike Cruz and Charles de Torres.
“We had such a strong response from the Filipino community last year that we are thrilled to continue connecting these baseball fans with the game they love in their language of choice,” said Manuel Fonseca, Director, OMNI, Lifestyle & Entertainment Production, Rogers Media. “OMNI is committed to bringing multilingual and ethnic Canadians a dynamic programming schedule, and this includes world-class sports content.”
Born and raised in the Philippines, Aquino (Host) is also co-host of Filipino current affairs and news broadcast TV Migrante. She is passionate about connecting with Filipino-Canadians and volunteered her time at the Kapisanan Philippines Centre for Arts and Culture.
Salacup (Analyst) has more than 40 years of baseball expertise, playing at the junior league, varsity and amateur levels in the Philippines. He is an ambassador for the Filipino community in Toronto, and is part of many organizations, such as the University of the Philippines Alumni Association of Canada, and the Filipino-Canadian Association of Niagara.
Cruz (Game Analyst) and de Torres (Play-by-Play Announcer) are back in the booth for season two. Cruz is the CEO of sporting events management company Crossover Sports Canada, and has extensive experience in planning local community programs. De Torres is an active member of the Vancouver community baseball and basketball leagues, and has been an extra in a variety of TV shows.
Catch the team every Sunday on OMNI:
- Sunday, March 31 – Detroit @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, April 7 – Toronto @ Cleveland, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, April 14 – Tampa @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, April 21 – Toronto @ Oakland, 4 p.m. ET
- Sunday, April 28 – Oakland @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, May 5 – Toronto @ Texas, 3 p.m. ET
- Sunday, May 12 – Chicago White Sox @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, May 19 – Toronto @ Chicago White Sox, 2 p.m. ET
- Sunday, May 26 – San Diego @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, June 2 – Toronto @ Colorado, 3 p.m. ET
- Sunday, June 9 – Arizona @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, June 16 – Toronto @ Houston, 2 p.m. ET
- Sunday, June 23 – Toronto @ Boston, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, June 30 – Kansas City @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, July 7 – Baltimore @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, July 14 – Toronto @ New York Yankees, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, July 21 – Toronto @ Detroit, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, July 28 – Tampa Bay @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Aug. 4 – Toronto @ Baltimore, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Aug. 11 – New York Yankees @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Aug. 18 – Seattle @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Aug. 25 – Toronto @ Seattle, 4 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Sept. 1 – Houston @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Sept. 8 – Toronto @ Tampa Bay, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Sept. 15 – New York Yankees @ Toronto, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Sept. 22 – Toronto @ New York Yankees, 1 p.m. ET
- Sunday, Sept. 29 – Tampa Bay @ Toronto, 3 p.m. ET
For close to 40 years, OMNI Television has provided ethnic and third-language programming to Canada’s multicultural and multilingual communities. Through continuously evolving programming, such as news and information, lifestyle, entertainment and sports coverage, OMNI is a vital, engaging and relevant source of information for multiple generations of viewers.
Blue Jays: Pinoy Edition will air live coverage of all Sunday regular season home and away games on OMNI, using Sportsnet’s feed.
About OMNI Television
OMNI Television is Canada’s only multilingual and multicultural television broadcaster. Available in 11 million Canadian households, the OMNI brand includes the national TV channel OMNI Regional plus five local television stations. OMNI offers a wide range of locally produced and acquired programming in more than 20 languages, including news, current affairs and entertainment content in Cantonese, Italian, Portuguese, Mandarin and Punjabi. OMNI is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit OMNITV.ca.