Calgary’s Home of Hockey: Sportsnet to Serve Up All 82 Calgary Flames Games for 2019-20 NHL Season
– Wills, Loubardias and Steinberg deliver all 82 Flames games on Sportsnet 960 The FAN –
– Blackout-free Flames broadcasts available on Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL LIVE –
TORONTO (August 27, 2019) As the 40th season of the Calgary Flames gets underway, Sportsnet is lacing up to deliver exclusive coverage of all 82 Flames matchups on television, radio, live streaming services and across digital platforms.
The Flames start their 2019-20 campaign in the Mile High City on Thursday, Oct. 3 as they meet 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs rival Colorado Avalanche at 7 p.m. MT on Sportsnet West, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet NOW, Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL Live.
Sportsnet will also serve up a pre-season showdown between the Flames and division rival Vancouver Canucks on Monday, Sept. 19 on Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet West (full broadcast schedule online).
Key details of the 2019-20 Calgary Flames season exclusively on Sportsnet:
Sportsnet West is the home of regional Calgary Flames broadcasts this season, with four additional games available on Sportsnet Flames, the Sportsnet ONE companion channel. Sportsnet’s regional broadcast team features:
- Veteran play-by-play announcer Rick Ball and game analysts Kelly Hrudey or Cassie Campbell-Pascall
- Real-time updates and exclusive player interviews from reporter Ryan Leslie
- Live home-game panel discussion anchored by Leslie
Highlights from Sportsnet’s regional Flames broadcast schedule include:
- Nine all-Canadian matchups on Sportsnet West
- Three rematches against playoff rival Colorado Avalanche
- Two November meetings with 2019 Stanley Cup Champions St. Louis Blues
Available to hockey fans coast-to-coast, Sportsnet’s national Flames broadcast schedule includes:
- 15 appearances on Hockey Night in Canada, including three battle of Alberta showdowns against the Edmonton Oilers
- A Pacific Division matchup against the Vancouver Canucks for Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada on Feb. 8
- An outdoor meeting with the Winnipeg Jets at the 2019 Tim Hortons Heritage Classic™ in Regina, SK on Oct. 26
Radio – Sportsnet 960 The FAN
The exclusive radio home of the Flames, Sportsnet 960 The FAN is set to deliver all 82 regular season matchups. The station’s hockey coverage features:
- Radio play-by-play announcer Derek Wills alongside game analyst Peter Loubardias
- Pre- and post-game analysis with host Pat Steinberg
Sportsnet 960 The FAN will also deliver all pre-season Flames games, complete with one-hour pre- and post-game coverage.
- In-depth columns and features from Flames insider Eric Francis
- Videos, highlights and interviews on Sportsnet’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts
As Canada’s Home of Hockey and the exclusive English-language national broadcast rights holder of NHL games in Canada, Sportsnet is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Edmonton Oilers, Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650) and Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN). In addition to regular season coverage of Canada’s NHL teams, Sportsnet’s 2019-20 national broadcast schedule also features the biggest events of the NHL season, including the 2020 NHL All-Star Game, the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the 2020 Stanley Cup Final.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, WWE, IndyCar, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.