From Canadian Communities to Cooperstown: Rogers and Sportsnet Celebrate Canada Baseball Day on July 30
– Cross-Canada celebration to be centred around Blue Jays vs. Angels showdown on Sportsnet –
– 13 Baseball Dreams winners to be featured in special Opening Ceremony at Rogers Centre –
– Sportsnet brings fans to Cooperstown as Expos legend Tim Raines is inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame –
Join the conversation: #CanadaBaseballDay
TORONTO (Friday, July 28) Capping off a month of baseball celebrations, Sportsnet is game-ready to deliver wall-to-wall coverage of Canada Baseball Day presented by Rogers and Sportsnet on Sunday, July 30. Anchored by the Blue Jays’ showdown against the Los Angeles Angels, Canada Baseball Day will honour the country’s deeply rooted baseball heritage and celebrate the growth of the sport coast-to-coast.
In partnership with Rogers and the Blue Jays, Sportsnet’s Canada Baseball Day broadcast will feature enhanced festivities and share stories of Canada’s love for baseball. Sunday’s broadcast will also feature communities dedicated to growing the game and will shine the spotlight on some of Canada’s future baseball stars.
Canada Baseball Day will also mark the culmination of the month-long Baseball Dreams campaign, as Rogers and the Blue Jays fulfilled the ultimate dreams of 30 Canadian baseball fans. On Sunday, Baseball Dreams winners from each Canadian province and territory will be on-field at Rogers Centre to take part in the special Canada Baseball Day Opening Ceremony.
Sportsnet’s coverage of Canada Baseball Day kicks off Sunday morning with a special 90-minute edition of Blue Jays Central, hosted by Jamie Campbell and Gregg Zaun at 11:30 a.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. PT on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW.
In addition to the on-site panel at Rogers Centre, Sportsnet will also take a look at celebrations from across the country. Locations include:
- Moncton, NB – Irfaan Gaffar reports live from Jays Care Foundation’s Challenger Baseball Clinic
- Chelsea, QC – Faizal Khamisa is on the ground at the Blue Jays Honda Super Camp and visits with Blue Jays alumni Jesse Barfield, Denis Boucher, Candy Maldonado and Duane Ward
- Cochrane, AB – Roger Millions catches up with former MLB player Chris Reitsma as he looks to set a world record with his 24-hour charity whiffle ball game
- Cooperstown – Brad Fay and Jonah Keri will be on the ground as Expos legend Tim Raines is inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame
To learn more about Canada Baseball Day and see all the Baseball Dreams that came true this summer, please visit rogerscelebrates.com.
Canada Baseball Day Broadcast Schedule
*All coverage available on Sportsnet NOW
- 11:30 a.m. ET / 8:30 a.m. PT – Blue Jays Central (Sportsnet)
- Host: Campbell; Analyst: Zaun
- Special features include:
- An in-depth profile of Canadian rising start Noah Naylor
- A look at the importance of baseball in the small Northern Ontario community of Cat Lake
- A special Canada Baseball Day Opening Ceremony on-field at Rogers Centre
- 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT – Los Angeles Angels vs. Toronto Blue Jays (Sportsnet and Sportsnet 590 The FAN)
Social Media Links
Official Website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Jamie Campbell @SNETCampbell
Follow Gregg Zaun @GreggZaun
Follow Irfaan Gaffar @sportsnetirf
Follow Faizal Khamisa @SNFaizalKhamisa
Follow Roger Millions @RogMillions
Follow Brad Fay @SNBradFay
Follow Jonah Keri @jonahkeri
Follow Hazel Mae @thehazelmae
Follow Joe Siddall @SiddallJoe
Follow Mike Wilner @Wilnerness590
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Rogers is a leading diversified Canadian communications and media company that’s working to deliver a great experience to our customers every day. We are Canada’s largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada’s leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet, information technology, and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, sports, televised and online shopping, magazines, and digital media. Our shares are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand, connecting Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes. Delivering storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level, the multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet NOW, and the Sportsnet app. Sportsnet consists of four regional channels (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific), and the nationally-distributed Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, and Sportsnet World. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multimedia rights holder, and is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN), Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN) and Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650). Sportsnet also has exclusive TV & radio coverage of all 162 Blue Jays games, as well as other MLB games, Toronto Raptors, NBA, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, and extensive soccer programming including Premier League, Bundesliga, FA Cup and 2018 FIFA World Cup European Qualifiers.