Rogers EnRoute eliminates need to call for an ETA, gives people comfort of knowing exactly when technician will arrive
, Dec. 15, 2016
/CNW/ – Today in New Brunswick
, Rogers Communications launched Rogers EnRoute
™ a new tool that saves customers time by giving them the ability to track on their phone when a technician will arrive for an installation or service call.
“No one likes to sit around waiting for their technician to arrive,” said Deepak Khandelwal
, Chief Customer Officer, Rogers. “We know our customers are busy and their time is valuable, so now they can track a technician’s ETA right on their phone. It’s just one more way we’re putting people in control to get help how they want.”
Every year Rogers receives more than 260,000 calls from customers checking on their technician’s arrival time. Now with the Rogers EnRoute service, customers can spend more time doing what they want to do, and less time waiting for service. Here is how it works:
- Book a residential installation or service appointment online through Facebook, Twitter, Chat or by calling customer support.
- Once the appointment is booked, the customer is given a service window with a unique URL sent by email or text.
- On the day of the appointment, a reminder notification is sent to the customer, along with an updated ETA.
- Once the technician is on the way, customers get real-time updates by checking a map to see the technician’s exact whereabouts.
- The link displays the technician’s first name, photo and estimated number of minutes until arrival.
A recent study found one in two Canadians don’t feel they have enough time in their day and when asked if they’d rather time or money, nearly half said time. Additionally, 89 per cent of Canadians would switch to another company if they felt the company was wasting their time.
Now available across New Brunswick
, the Rogers EnRoute service will roll out to the company’s entire residential footprint this year and into early 2017.
Today’s announcement is the latest in a series of enhancements that improve the customer experience and address the top reasons customers call the care team, including:
- Worry-free roaming with Roam Like Home and Fido Roam
- Simplified, mobile-first bill
- Self-service on Facebook Messenger and Twitter
- Unlimited home internet
- Data management tool that puts families in control of their wireless data usage
“With Rogers EnRoute, we’re taking another step to overhaul and simplify our customers’ experience and save them time which is a precious resource,” said Khandelwal. “We’ve got more work to do so that our customers have the best experience possible.”
SOURCE Rogers Communications Canada Inc. – English