Canadian first: Rogers customers save time by tracking tech to doorstep
Rogers EnRoute eliminates need to call for an ETA, gives people comfort of knowing exactly when technician will arriveTORONTO, Nov. 14, 2016 /CNW/ – In another first, Rogers Communications today announced Rogers EnRoute™, a new tool that saves customers time by giving them the ability to track on their phone when a technician will arrive for an installation or service call. “No one likes to sit around waiting for their technician to arrive,” said Deepak Khandelwal, Chief Customer Officer, Rogers. “We know our customers are busy and their time is valuable, so now they can track a technician’s ETA right on their phone. It’s just one more way we’re putting people in control to get help how they want.” Every year Rogers receives more than 260,000 calls from customers checking on their technician’s arrival time. Now with the Rogers EnRoute service, customers can spend more time doing what they want to do, and less time waiting for service. Here is how it works:
- Book a residential installation or service appointment online through Facebook, Twitter, Chat or by calling customer support.
- Once the appointment is booked, the customer is given a service window with a unique URL sent by email or text.
- On the day of the appointment, a reminder notification is sent to the customer, along with an updated ETA.
- Once the technician is on the way, customers get real-time updates by checking a map to see the technician’s exact whereabouts.
- The link displays the technician’s first name, photo and estimated number of minutes until arrival.
- Worry-free roaming with Roam Like Home and Fido Roam
- Simplified, mobile-first bill
- Self-service on Facebook Messenger and Twitter
- Unlimited home internet
- Data management tool that puts families in control of their wireless data usage