While Mother’s Day may feel a bit different this year, there are still ways to show mom how much you appreciate her, now more than ever. Whether enjoying a virtual dinner (why not spice it up with a cookoff!), arranging a special delivery or binge-watching movies together (at home or separately), spending time with mom has never been more special.
Here’s our list of 12 mom-friendly movies:
- Charlie’s Angels: The classic remade with a modern twist. When a young system engineer blows the whistle on a dangerous technology, Charlie’s Angels are called into action, putting their lives on the line to protect us all. Starring Kristen Stewart and Elizabeth Banks.
- Frankie: Three generations grappling with a life-changing experience during one day of a vacation in Sintra, Portugal, a historic town known for its dense gardens and fairy-tale villas and palaces. Starring Isabelle Huppert and Marisa Tomei.
- Hustlers: Inspired by the viral New York Magazine article, Hustlers follows a crew of savvy former strip club employees who band together to turn the tables on their Wall Street clients. Starring Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu.
- Life as We Know It: Two people must learn to put aside their mutual dislike and raise their orphaned goddaughter. Staring Josh Duhamel and Katherine Heigi.
- Little Women (1994): With her husband away at war, a woman raises four daughters in 19th-century New England. Starring Winona Ryder, Christian Bale and Susan Sarandon.
- Lion: Saroo Brierley (Dev Patel) returns to India to find his family after 25 years of separation. Also starring Nicole Kidman.
- Miami Love Affair: Love ignites on the biggest air fair in the world as artists struggle between fame and romance in the hottest city on the planet: Miami. Starring the late, great Burt Reynolds in one of his last roles.
- Ophelia: A re-imaging of Hamlet, told from Ophelia’s perspective. Starring Daisy Ridley (from Star Wars).
- See You Soon: A U.S. soccer star suffers a career-threatening injury in the run-up to the World Cup, and during his recovery, embarks on an epic romance with a Russian single mom.
- Steel Magnolias: Six southern women gossip and kid around together, through good times and bad. Starring Sally Field, Dolly Parton and Julia Roberts.
- The Guilt Trip: Pressured into taking his overbearing mother with him, a man goes on a cross-country road trip. Starring Seth Rogan Barbra Streisand.
- The Kids Are All Right: Children of a same-sex couple get to know their biological father. Starring Annette Bening, Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo.