Citytv Launches New Video Streaming Products, Citytv+ and CityNews 24/7
– New Citytv+ subscription video streaming service debuts today on Prime Video with live and on-demand access to big titles like The Bachelorette, Law & Order, Canada’s Got Talent, Atlanta, Chicago Med/Fire/P.D., and more –
– New CityNews 24/7 digital news channel is now streaming on Prime Video and coming soon to other platforms –
– OMNI Television is now available on Amazon through Citytv+, giving multilingual Canadians another way to get third-language daily news –
TORONTO (April 12, 2022) – Citytv continues to evolve the way Canadians can experience its gripping dramas, binge-worthy reality series, hit comedies, and award-winning news reporting with the debut of two new video streaming products – Citytv+ and CityNews 24/7.
Available to Prime members, Citytv+ includes the live stream of blockbuster franchises and must-watch titles from Citytv, FX, and FXX, plus access to the three channels’ complete library of video-on-demand content. Included as part of Citytv+, which is available for $4.99 per month and includes a free 30-day trial, is live news and entertainment programming from multilingual OMNI Television. Prime members can also access a free tier of Citytv’s live programming schedule.
Also available on Prime Video is CityNews 24/7, a free stream for Prime members of the most relevant news, entertainment, and sports stories from its award-winning team of reporters, plus the latest headlines, weather, and traffic. Launched last week on CityNews’ digital platforms, CityNews 24/7 also includes live coverage of Breakfast Television and CityNews local newscasts.
“It’s been exciting to work with our partners at Prime Video to launch Citytv+ and showcase the incredible work by our teams through shows like Canada’s Got Talent, while also giving Canadians another way to binge our hit content like The Bachelorette, Chicago Med, Fire, and P.D., Law & Order, and Mayans M.C.,” said Julie Adam, President of News & Entertainment, Rogers Sports & Media. “When it comes to news, the world has never needed trusted journalism more than it does today, and CityNews 24/7 ensures more audiences can access the powerful storytelling from our world-class journalists.”
“Citytv+ offers advertisers new and incremental reach to engage streaming audiences in both on-demand and live TV content. With dynamic ad insertion technology and first-party data, we continue to build on our position as leaders in Connected TV and streaming in Canada and work even more closely with marketers on total TV opportunities across all platforms,” said Janice Smith, Vice President of National Media Sales, Rogers Sports & Media.
Citytv+ – $4.99/month
Amazon Prime members in Canada have a one-stop shop to live stream fan-favourite series and watch all of the on-demand content from Citytv, FX and FXX. Additionally, subscribers to Citytv+ can access live multilingual news and entertainment programming on OMNI Television. Included in Citytv+ is:
- Citytv’s hit roster of blockbuster Hollywood and homegrown series –The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Bachelor In Paradise and Bachelor In Paradise Canada, Hudson & Rex, Chicago Med, Fire, and P.D., Law & Order, newly premiered Canada’s Got Talent, and more.
- FX and FXX’s compelling and critically-acclaimed lineup of dramas and comedies featuring must-watch titles such as The Americans, Sons of Anarchy, Mayans M.C., Atlanta, The Shield, Damages, Better Things, and Baskets.
- OMNI Television, Canada’s leading multicultural broadcaster, delivering daily national newscasts in Arabic, Cantonese, Filipino, Italian, Mandarin, and Punjabi; plus locally-produced and acquired information and entertainment shows in more than 20 languages.
CityNews is a trailblazer for its innovative approach to storytelling and delivering viewer-driven stories that are reflective of the communities it serves. Streaming for free on Prime Video, CityNews 24/7 showcases a steady flow of the most topical locally-produced news stories from CityNews’ award-winning team of journalists, live content from Breakfast Television and CityNews local newscasts, plus important live updates from all levels of government and breaking news coverage. Complementing the video screen is an “L-bar” design, ensuring key live updates with news headlines, regional weather, traffic, and sports are featured throughout, keeping viewers always in the know.
For more information on how to start watching Citytv+ and CityNews 24/7 on Amazon Prime Video visit www.citytvplus.ca.
Citytv and Citytv.com offer viewers intensely-local and diverse content through its seven television stations in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, and Montreal, plus the award-winning Citytv app, which is available on iOS, Android, Samsung TV, Apple TV, and Fire TV Stick devices. Citytv delivers an entertaining mix of Canadian and acquired prime-time programming, news, and lifestyle content from influential brands such as Breakfast Television, Cityline, and CityNews. Citytv is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI).