– 2018 NHL Awards airing Wednesday on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW –
– Sportsnet delivers multiplatform coverage of 2018 NHL Draft, beginning Friday –
Join the conversation: #MeetTheFuture
TORONTO (June 19, 2018)
With the Stanley Cup hoisted and the 2018 champions crowned, Sportsnet is set to celebrate the NHL season that was and the stars of the future with comprehensive, multiplatform coverage of the 2018 NHL Awards
and the 2018 NHL Draft
. Sportsnet’s coverage kicks off Wednesday, June 20
when the NHL’s best and brightest head to Las Vegas for the NHL Awards,
beginning at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT
and Sportsnet NOW
. From Sin City, Sportsnet heads to Dallas for live two-day coverage of the 2018 NHL Draft
, beginning Friday, June 22
at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT
and Sportsnet NOW.
Sportsnet’s wall-to-wall coverage from Las Vegas and Dallas will also be available across the Sportsnet Radio Network
Starting in Vegas, Sportsnet will deliver the Canadian connection to fans coast-to-coast with five players and one executive from Canadian franchises contending for major awards at the Hard Rock. Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman
and Scott Oake
are among the presenters on-site for this year’s broadcast. Nominees for the coveted NHL hardware include: Connor Hellebuyck (Vezina Trophy), Blake Wheeler (Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award) and Kevin Cheveldayoff (General Manager Of The Year Award) from the Winnipeg Jets; Daniel and Henrik Sedin (King Clancy Memorial Trophy) and Brock Boeser (Calder Memorial Trophy) from the Vancouver Canucks.
In Dallas, excitement builds for fans north of the border as three Canadian teams are set to make Top 10 selections in the first round of the 2018 NHL Draft
. Sportsnet will be in the centre of the action to break it all down with in-depth analysis and scouting reports through multiplatform coverage on television, radio and digital, giving fans an extensive look into the prospect selection and what the future holds for their favourite teams.
Sportsnet’s multiplatform coverage of the 2018 NHL Draft
All Sportsnet 2018 NHL Draft coverage available on Sportsnet NOW
All programming is subject to change
Wednesday, June 20
Friday, June 22
- 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT on Sportsnet – The 2018 NHL Draft Preview hosted by Daren Millard, with a segment from Jeff Marek and Sam Cosentino on the top picks.
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet – The 2018 NHL Draft gets underway with Sportsnet’s roster of hockey experts covering all the angles of the first round:
- On the desk: Millard hosts the panel of Cosentino, Louie DeBrusk and the newest addition, Brian Burke, who brings the GM’s perspective to the desk.
- On the floor: Friedman and Marek report the stories, trade rumours and reactions from the teams from the middle of the action.
- With the players: Tara Slone delivers insight into first reactions, emotions and excitement from the players on the first day of their NHL careers.
- Special Feature: Cosentino spends some time with Swedish rising star and consensus number one pick, Rasmus Dahlin.
Saturday, June 23
- Sportsnet Central: Irfaan Gaffar will be on-site in Dallas to provide daily updates for Sportsnet Central, alongside Sportsnet’s team of hockey analysts.
Sportsnet 960 The FAN’s Rob Kerr
- 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT – LIVE: Rounds 2 – 7 of the 2018 NHL Draft on Sportsnet
- Friedman and Chris Johnston report up-to-the-minute news as part of NHL Network’s coverage.
and Pat Steinberg
will lead Sportsnet Radio Network’s national coverage live from Dallas on both days of the draft. Sportsnet 650
will also be sending a team to broadcast live from Dallas on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, bringing a Vancouver-focused perspective to listeners back home. Radio and online streaming broadcasts include:
Thursday, June 21
Friday, June 22
- 12-7 p.m. PT – (Sportsnet 650 – On-air with live shows from Dallas)
- 1-6 p.m. MT – (Sportsnet 960 The FAN – On-air with live shows from Dallas)
Saturday, June 23
- 12-4 p.m. PT – (Sportsnet 650 – Live pre-draft coverage from Dallas)
- 2-5 p.m. MT – (Sportsnet 960 The FAN – Live pre-draft coverage from Dallas)
- 7 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. MT – LIVE: National Coverage of First Round of the 2018 NHL Draft (Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet 590 The FAN)
- 4 p.m. PT – LIVE: Canucks-Focused Coverage of First Round of the 2018 NHL Draft (Sportsnet 650)
- 10 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. MT / 7 a.m. PT – LIVE NATIONAL COVERAGE: Rounds 2 – 7 of the 2018 NHL Draft (Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN and Sportsnet 650)
Leading up to and during the 2018 NHL Draft
, Sportsnet’s hockey insiders will deliver wall-to-wall coverage, news and analysis available to fans on sportsnet.ca
and the Sportsnet app
. Highlights include:
Social Media Links
- Prospects of Interest: Leading up to Friday’s draft, Sportsnet.ca will post in-depth player profiles, detailing the strengths and weaknesses of the Top 31 draft prospects.
- 31 Thoughts: The Podcast: Recorded from the NHL Draft in Dallas, Marek and Friedman bring fans their weekly take on the latest from the hockey world.
- NHL Draft Tracker: Keep up to date on the latest selections for each team, round-by-round.
- Big Reads: Get in-depth insights on prospects Noah Dobson and Andrei Svechnikov.
- On Social:Real-time coverage and results on Sportsnet’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- NHL Mock Drafts: Hockey analysts Marek and Cosentino release their final predictions for Friday’s first round selections.
- Draft Night Live Blog: During Friday night’s first round, Sportsnet’s Luke Fox will be sharing his observations, thoughts and analysis, along with stats and some of the best reactions on social media in a live blog at sportsnet.ca.
- From the Teams: On Friday night, Sportsnet’s roster of NHL columnists will breakdown the Draft results from the eyes of each Canadian NHL team.
Official Website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Follow Scott Oake @ScottOake
Follow Daren Millard @DarenMillard
Follow Jeff Marek @jeffmarek
Follow Louie DeBrusk @LouDeBrusk
Follow Brian Burke @Burkie2020
Follow Tara Slone @TaraSlone
Follow Irfaan Gaffar @sportsnetirf
Follow Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Follow Rob Kerr @fan960kerr
Follow Pat Steinberg @fan960steinberg
Follow Luke Fox @lukefoxjukebox
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 speciality network and #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Premier League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.