Food banks are facing critical food shortages caused by COVID-19 – you can help.
Join us today to support your fellow Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast!
These are uncertain times for us all, but many Canadians – including children – face the fear of not knowing how, where, or even if, they will get their next meal. During these challenging times, we all want to find ways of helping one another. Nobody should have to worry about where their next meal is coming from.
To help Food Banks Canada (FBC) continue safely serving Canadians in need during COVID-19, Rogers is donating one million meals and helping raise awareness of this urgent need through a national campaign to help fill the shelves.
Donations will support FBC so it can provide local food banks with the resources needed to safely adapt their client delivery processes to accommodate social distancing, manage demand with a decrease in volunteer resources, purchase much needed staples and help clients in quarantine by providing essential food supports to them in home.
Here’s a look at the numbers:
Food Banks Canada’s efforts and needs*:
- $150 million – FBC has announced a goal of raising $150 million to fund current food bank users’ need for food for the next 90 days.
- 750,000 Canadians – Food banks across Canada help feed approximately 750,000 Canadians every month, a number expected to grow during COVID-19.
- 650 food banks – FBC directly supports 650 food banks, helping thousands of programs across the country.
- 50% decrease – Some food banks are experiencing up to a 50% decrease in donations, left with only two weeks supply.
We are here to help:
- 108 media outlets – Starting this week, we are leveraging the power of our 108 television channels and radio stations, plus our digital and social platforms, for a four-week national awareness campaign.
- 30 million of you will hear and see it – Airing in high rotation, this public service campaign will reach more than 30 million Canadians, encouraging individuals and companies to help.
- 1 million+ meals – Through employee contributions and a corporate donation, we will bring more than one million meals to families across Canada.
Here’s how you can help
- $1 = 3 meals – Every dollar counts and makes a difference. Your help ensures our neighbours living with food insecurity have enough to make it through this public health crisis.
- Any $ – Donations can be made online at foodbankscanada.ca or by calling 1-877-535-0958 x 233.
*Note: numbers supplied by Food Banks Canada