FXNOW Canada App Now Available on Apple TV
TORONTO (February 9, 2017) Calling all FX fans, you now have another convenient way to stay caught up on today’s must-see TV with the launch of the FXNOW Canada app on fourth-generation Apple TV! Available now in the App Store, the authenticated FXNOW Canada app boasts all-new episodes – available next day, post broadcast – of returning FX/FXX favourites and new series, including last night’s premiere of the season’s most-anticipated new drama, Legion, on FX.
Delivering a reliable HD stream, the user experience on Apple TV is designed much like the FXNOW Canada app currently available for mobile devices. To get started, simply download the FXNOW Canada app from the App Store on your home screen and follow the simple authentication steps to log in and begin watching. For additional carriage and authentication information, please contact your local television provider.
“Following the success of the City Video app on Apple TV, we remain committed to offering our viewers even more choice by making our premium content available when and where Canadians are watching,” said Colette Watson, Senior Vice President, TV and Broadcast Operations, Rogers Media. “FX and FXX are home to today’s most buzzed-about and critically acclaimed dramas and comedies and it’s now easier than ever to stay caught up with this sleek and intuitive new app.”
Features of the app include:
- Watch full episodes of critically acclaimed FX/FXX dramas and comedies on demand in HD
- Easily “favourite”your top FX/FXX shows for quick access to new episodes
- The app remembers your viewing progress, making it convenient to resume exactly where you left off
- The app uses iCloud to sync your favouriteshows and viewing progress across all of your iOS devices. Seamlessly resume watching any episode from one device to another
- The app delivers a focused video experience, showcasing constantly refreshed top programming
- Start watching video in two clicks or less of your Apple TV remote
- The smart recommendation algorithm delivers non-stop hit video programming– making binge watching a snap
- Top Shelf Enabled. Simply place the FXNOW Canada Apple TV app in the top row of your Apple TV menu and get instant-play access to top-trending FX/FXXshows
Multiple dynamic in-app advertising, content, and sponsorship integration opportunities are currently available throughout the various features of the app.
Additional Rogers Media apps currently available for Apple TV include City, Sportsnet, and The Shopping Channel app, ShopTSC.
Social Media Links
Like FX on Facebook (Canada)
Follow FX on Twitter @FX_canada (Canada)
Like FXX on Facebook
Follow FXX on Twitter @FXX_Canada
Subscribe to FXNowCanada on Youtube @FXNowCanada
Follow City PR on Twitter @Citytv_PR
FX is a digital specialty channel that delivers critically-acclaimed dramas and hit comedies, including FX original series Legion, American Horror Story, Baskets, and The Americans. Delivering compelling entertainment to Canadians, FX’s unique content also features movies and original Canadian programming. FX is a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI and NYSE: RCI) which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company.
FXX delivers provocative, anti-formula premium content geared towards a younger-skewing audience. The irreverent, smart, and subversive lineup includes a dynamic slate of FX original series. Anchored by hit comedies such as It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, You’re the Worst, and Man Seeking Woman. FXX and FX are a part of Rogers Broadcasting Limited, a division of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX: RCI and NYSE: RCI), which is a diversified Canadian communications and media company.
Stephanie Perron, FX/FXX, 647.278.6799, email@example.com