How we made an impact in 2016
Today, Rogers released our 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report. Distributed annually, the Rogers CSR report focuses in on our performance in the following areas: Customer Experience, Employee Experience, Environmental Responsibility, Community Investment, Economy and Society and Governance. As a strong Canadian growth company, we want to make sure we are having a positive impact on our communities and our planet. The CSR report allows us to be transparent for our stakeholders, measuring our impact on the key areas listed above and identifying where we need to make improvements. What are the highlights from 2016? Customer Experience
- Rogers experienced a 42% reduction in complaints to the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS)
- As of December 31, 2016, 95% of the Canadian population was covered by our Long-Term Evolution (LTE) network (with extended coverage)
- 36% of our Board of Directors are women
- In 2016, we were named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers…to name a few!
- Rogers provided $62.4 million in cash and in-kind community investments in 2016
- 13,090 low-income households have benefitted from Connected for Success; Rogers affordable internet program for Canadians living in subsidized housing
- Experienced a 20% reduction in paper usage – that’s the equivalent more than 55,000 trees saved
- Delivered a 6% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions – that’s the equivalent to taking 1,150 passenger cars off the road for a year
- $13.3 billion economic value distributed – a $262 million increase in value over last year!
- We supported 71,895 jobs across Canada (direct, indirect and induced) – that’s equivalent to the population of Moncton, NB! *