New Look. New Experience. Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ Delivers New Ways to Watch the Game, Beginning Today
– Rogers secures five-year partnership agreement with MLBAM –
TORONTO, Feb. 1, 2016 /CNW/ – Hockey lovers nationwide are now getting a bigger and bolder experience on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™. Fans are continuing to enjoy the wealth of content available on the app, but beginning today, there is an intuitive and refreshed user interface, an improved video experience, and personalization options that put the focus on the user’s favourite team.
The changes come to fans as Rogers signed a five-year partnership with Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM), the interactive media and technology company of Major League Baseball. The entire suite of new features will deliver seamless and easier access to the games, highlights, news, and stats fans want, when they want. A full list of enhancements is included below.
“We are always looking to improve the user experience so fans can get closer to all the hockey action they want quickly and easily on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™,” said Scott Moore, President, Sportsnet and NHL Properties, Rogers. “The new features and updates available through the MLBAM partnership are another way we are delivering on our promise to provide an unmatched experience to fans so they can consume the content they love – and choose – at anytime, anywhere, and on any device.”
“This partnership with Rogers extends the reach of these new products for hockey fans, further amplifying how they can follow their favorite teams and players through the always-connected technology they now expect,” said Bob Bowman, MLB President, Business & Media.
Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ Enhancements
User Interface and Experience
- Redesigned for a cleaner look with more white space and easy-to-find information
- Streamlined navigation allows fans to access the live games and content they’re looking for easily and quickly
- Support for iOS 9, including multitasking and picture-in-picture, where fans can keep an active scoreboard visible at the side of their screens, or keep streaming an NHL game while browsing or working on other items
- Sharper HD video quality, including 60 frames per second on all platforms and up to 5Mbps streams for live video
- Reduced latency so fans can watch games closer to the action on the ice
- Better camera synchronization and mosaic layouts so fans can experience the best plays and moments from a variety of angles simultaneously
- Team-centric customization that centres the interface and content around the user’s favourite team
- More control of notifications to get the right up-to-the-moment news and information for the teams users follow
Outside of the country, NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV; the service will continue to be named Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ in Canada. It is still accessible within the Rogers NHL App available in the Apple iTunes and Google Play stores, within the NHL App on game consoles and connected devices, and at NHL.com/TV in a web browser.
Transitioning to the new version of the app will be seamless on all platforms, simply requiring existing users to sign back in with their MyRogers login, or “restore purchase” if their subscription was purchased in-app. There are no changes to pricing and packaging options. A full list of transition tips can be found here, and details on pricing can be found here.
Rogers customers will continue to receive exclusive access to GamePlus™, the innovative experience within Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ that includes revolutionary camera angles and bonus video content. Rogers cable customers with subscriptions to all sports channels (Sportsnet, TVA Sports, TSN, and RDS) can access every regular season and post-season game within Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ without any blackouts.
For additional information on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™, game schedules, and NHL blackout details, please visit rogers.com/nhl.
Rogers Communications is a leading diversified public Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada’s largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada’s leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. Our stock is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.
SOURCE Rogers Media