On to the Next Round: Sportsnet’s Coverage of the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Continues with Second Round Action
Join the conversation: #AllForTheCup
Media Interviews: Sportsnet’s insiders, commentators and writers are available to discuss all things Stanley Cup Playoffs
TORONTO (April 25, 2018) The battle for ultimate hockey supremacy continues and division rivalries are set to deepen as Sportsnet reveals its second round broadcast schedule for the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Fans will have front-row access to all the action with Sportsnet’s exclusive English-language wall-to-wall coverage. All second round matchups are available on TV on Sportsnet or CBC and via live stream on Sportsnet NOW and Rogers NHL LIVE. On radio, select Stanley Cup Playoff games will be available along the Sportsnet Radio Network, including on Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN and Sportsnet 650.
Second round coverage begins Thursday, April 26 with Pittsburgh vs. Washington at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet and CBC followed by San Jose vs. Vegas at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT on Sportsnet and CBC. The puck drops on the Winnipeg vs. Nashville series on Friday, April 27 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on CBC and Sportsnet 360. Coverage Friday begins with Hockey Central Tonight at 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT on Sportsnet 360. Full broadcast schedule is below.
For fans with a vested interest in teams outside the playoff picture, Sportsnet presents the 2018 NHL Draft Lottery on Saturday, April 28 on Sportsnet, CBC and Sportsnet NOW. The NHL Draft Lottery special, hosted by Daren Millard and NBC’s Kathryn Tappen, will unveil the lottery results through the course of the evening. Picks 15 through 4 will be revealed during Hockey Central Saturday beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT, with the top three picks unveiled during the second intermission of the San Jose vs. Vegas game.
As the home of hockey, Sportsnet’s world-class roster of analysts, reporters and hosts continue to deliver the most up-to-date news and stories throughout the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs:
- Nightly installments of Hockey Central Tonight tee up the post-season action with host Ron MacLean alongside Elliotte Friedman, Kelly Hrudey and Nick Kypreos.
- Don Cherry returns for Coach’s Corner alongside Ron MacLean.
- Harnarayan Singh, Randip Janda, Bhupinder Hundal, and Harpreet Pandher deliver select Saturday night games on Hockey Night in Canada: Punjabi Edition to hockey fans coast-to-coast on OMNI.
Fans can also catch up on the latest NHL post-season news, highlights and analysis with Tim & Sid (weekdays at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT) and nightly editions of Sportsnet Central on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW.
Sportsnet’s multiplatform coverage of the 2018 NHL post-season also includes:
- All Stanley Cup Playoff broadcasts available to hockey fans on-the-go via Sportsnet NOW and Rogers NHL LIVE.
- Sportsnet Fantasy Hockey Pool Playoffs Edition, presented by RAM. Fans build their roster for a chance to win the ultimate grand prize – an all-new 2019 RAM 1500 and $25,000 cash.
- Readers can stay up-to-date with the biggest storylines with Friedman’s popular 31 Thoughts blog following each round and weekly instalments of the 31 Thoughts podcast with Friedman and Jeff Marek.
- News, features and analysis on Sportsnet.ca and the Sportsnet app from Sportsnet NHL Insiders Mark Spector and Luke Fox for the Winnipeg vs. Nashville series, Chris Johnston for the Boston vs. Tampa Bay series, and Kristina Rutherford for the Pittsburgh vs. Washington series.
- Host Daren Millard and a rotating roster of analysts talk playoff hockey with daily analysis and insights on Hockey Central @ Noon on Sportsnet 590 The FAN, simulcast on Sportsnet.
- Additional radio coverage with Hockey Central @ Noon on Sportsnet 960 The FAN, anchored by Kelly Kirch and Will Nault and Canucks Central @ Noon on Sportsnet 650 with Satiar Shah and Alex Auld.
- Real-time highlights and daily recaps of every game during the Stanley Cup Playoffs on Sportsnet’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
- Play-by-play: Paul Romanuk; Game Analyst: Garry Galley; Reporter: Kyle Bukauskas
|G1||Sat., April 28||Boston @ Tampa Bay, 3 p.m. ET / Noon PT||SN|
|G2||Mon., April 30||Boston @ Tampa Bay, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G3||Wed., May 2||Tampa Bay @ Boston, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G4||Fri., May 4||Tampa Bay @ Boston, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G5*||Sun., May 6||Boston @ Tampa Bay, TBD||TBD|
|G6*||Tues., May 8||Tampa Bay @ Boston, TBD||TBD|
|G7*||Thurs., May 10||Boston @ Tampa Bay, TBD||TBD|
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals
|G1||Thurs., April 26||Pittsburgh @ Washington, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT||SN, CBC|
|G2||Sun., April 29||Pittsburgh @ Washington, 3 p.m. ET / Noon PT||CBC|
|G3||Tues., May 1||Washington @ Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT||SN|
|G4||Thurs., May 3||Washington @ Pittsburgh, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT||SN|
|G5*||Sat., May 5||Pittsburgh @ Washington, TBD||TBD|
|G6*||Mon., May 7||Washington @ Pittsburgh, TBD||TBD|
|G7*||Wed., May 9||Pittsburgh @ Washington, TBD||TBD|
Winnipeg Jets vs. Nashville Predators
- Play-by-play: Jim Hughson; Game Analyst: Craig Simpson; Secondary Analyst: Cassie Campbell-Pascall; Reporter: Scott Oake
|G1||Fri., April 27||Winnipeg @ Nashville, 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT||CBC,SN360|
|G2||Sun., April 29||Winnipeg @ Nashville, 7 p.m. ET/ 4 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G3||Tues., May 1||Nashville @ Winnipeg, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G4||Thurs., May 3||Nashville @ Winnipeg, 9:30 p.m. ET / 6:30 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G5*||Sat., May 5||Winnipeg @ Nashville, TBD||CBC, OMNI|
|G6*||Mon., May 7||Nashville @ Winnipeg, TBD||CBC|
|G7*||Thurs., May 10||Winnipeg @ Nashville, TBD||CBC|
San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights
|G1||Thurs., April 26||San Jose @ Vegas, 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT||SN, CBC|
|G2||Sat., April 28||San Jose @ Vegas, 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT||SN, CBC, OMNI|
|G3||Mon., April 30||Vegas @ San Jose, 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G4||Wed., May 2||Vegas @ San Jose, 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G5*||Fri., May 4||San Jose @ Vegas, 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT||CBC|
|G6*||Sun., May 6||Vegas @ San Jose, TBD||TBD|
|G7*||Tues., May 8||San Jose @ Vegas, TBD||TBD|
As the home of hockey, Sportsnet delivers world-class hockey content across its national television, radio and digital platforms. As the official Canadian NHL national multimedia rights holder, Sportsnet delivers more than 300 national games across three marquee nights: Scotiabank Wednesday Night Hockey, Hockey Night in Canada and Rogers Hometown Hockey. Sportsnet also provides coverage of the entire Stanley Cup Playoffs. Complete with a star-studded roster of hockey broadcasters, reporters and producers, Sportsnet remains dedicated to unifying Canadians through sport by providing content that gives fans front-row access to the sports they love, accessible from anywhere.
Social Media Links
Official Website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Daren Millard @darenmillard
Follow Ron MacLean @RonMacLeanHTH
Follow Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Follow Kelly Hrudey @KellyHrudey
Follow Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Follow Don Cherry @CoachsCornerDC
Follow Hockey Night in Canada: Punjabi @HkyNightPunjabi
Follow Harnarayan Singh @IceSinghHNIC
Follow Randip Janda @RandipJanda
Follow Bhupinder Hundal @BhupinderHundal
Follow Harpreet Pandher @HarpPandher
Follow Tim & Sid @timandsid
Follow Tim Micallef @tim_micallef
Follow Sid Seixeiro @Sid_Seixeiro
Follow Jeff Marek @JeffMarek
Follow Satiar Shah @SatiarShah
Follow Alex Auld @alexjauld
Follow Will Nault @Fan960Nault
Follow Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Follow Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
Follow Luke Fox @lukefoxjukebox
Follow Kristina Rutherford @KrRutherford
Follow Kyle Bukauskas @SNkylebukauskas
Follow Greg Millen @gregmillen
Follow Christine Simpson @SNChrisSimpson
Follow Craig Simpson @hnicsimmer
Follow Scott Oake @ScottOake
Follow Dan Murphy @sportsnetmurph
Follow Dave Randorf @DaveRandorf
Follow Louie DeBrusk @LouDeBrusk
Follow Cassie Campbell-Pascall @CassieCampbell
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 speciality network and #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maples Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Premier League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.