Rogers Hometown Hockey Highlighted by Seven Returning Sponsors and Three New Partners for 2017-18 Tour
– New sponsors include Tim Hortons, AMJ, and Bauer – – Rogers Hometown Hockey set to hit 24 communities for 2017-18 season, beginning October 7-8 in Niagara Falls –TORONTO (September 27, 2017) – Rogers™ Hometown Hockey™ Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge is pleased to announce the seven returning and three new partners on board for the 2017-18 season. The brands will be featured prominently as part of interactive fan activations at the two-day festival each weekend, as well as on the Sunday NHL national broadcast on Sportsnet. “Rogers Hometown Hockey has become a staple on the hockey calendar, due in large part to the support we receive from these world-class partners,” said Anthony Attard, Vice-President of Sales – Sports & NHL, Rogers Media. “The goal is to provide an incredible fan experience both on-site and in broadcast, and we look forward to working with these brands to deliver that to our audience.” The Rogers™ Hometown Hockey™ brand integrations for the 2017-18 season include:
- Continuing as title sponsor, Rogers presents the Rogers Fan Hub featuring innovative and technology-driven interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs to unite fans in their passion for the game.
- Scotiabank returns as a presenting partner of the tour, leading the night as a first period sponsor for every Sunday broadcast and on site with the Scotiabank Community Locker Room activation – a family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL Alumni.
- Dodge returns as presenting partner of the ‘On the Road’ broadcast feature highlighting NHL® stars such as Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Brent Seabrook. On-site, Dodge will feature its famous hockey-themed Stow ’n Go Challenge as well as the chance to win a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica and $5,000 for a local minor hockey association. All contest entrants will receive a Dodge Hometown Hockey retro toque.
- Dr. Oetker returns with the ‘My Hometown’ broadcast segment highlighting each tour stop, along with the Dr. Oetker Gissiuppe Pizzeria, which provides fans with free pizza as the tour moves across the county.
- OK Tire returns to the broadcast and is pleased to announce their new on-site activation featuring a pit-crew-like experience where fans have the opportunity to test their tire changing skills on a replica Zamboni.
- Playmobil Canada returns to sponsor the Playmobil Kids Zone, where fans have the chance to face-off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures.
- In addition to being the tour broadcaster, Sportsnet® will provide attendees with an augmented reality experience that gives fans the chance to feel close to their favorite player. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL players, and have the photo emailed directly to their device.
- Tim Hortons joins the Hometown Hockey family for the 2017-18 season, complete with the Slo-Mo Replay Camera broadcast sponsorship and a custom content series. Their on-site activation includes the Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet, which features pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
- Bauer Hockey also joins the tour, providing street hockey equipment for the Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet. The street hockey equipment is available for everyone to test out.
- AMJ Campbell joins the tour to provide logistical components and support essential to running the 24 stops across Canada.