Samsung gets tough with Rugby II
Global roaming phone certified to military standards for extreme conditions
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Dec. 10 /CNW/ – Samsung Mobile Canada, the leading mobile phone brand in Canada1, today announces the Canadian availability of the Samsung Rugby II, a powerful mobile phone built for hard work and challenging environments.
Designed for industrial use in sectors such as construction, field-service, transportation, and oil and gas, the Samsung Rugby II delivers features for industrial users including noise cancellation technology for clear conversation even in loud work environments, a large and easy to use key pad, and a rugged design that meets strict military specifications (U.S. Military Spec 810G) for resistance to blowing rain, high humidity, dust, and submersion in water. In addition, the phone supports global roaming and GPS, and has a 2MP camera and user expandable memory (up to 32GB via MicroSD card).
“Because a rough work environment can ruin many average phones, Samsung has created the Rugby II to withstand the extreme weather and tough treatment encountered on the job-site,” said Paul Brannen, vice president, Samsung Mobile Canada. “At Samsung, we understand the ability to communicate in the field is paramount to a successful business, and the Rugby II helps ensure that when the job needs to get done, customers will have the right phone to make it happen.”
The Samsung Rugby II also features:
• A dual speaker design that offers an internal speaker for regular wireless calls and a large exterior speaker for handsfree conversations
• A top-mounted lanyard connector, making it easy for users to carry the device on a strap or lanyard—so the device is always within reach
• Bluetooth® capabilities for seamless connection with other devices, including a wireless headset, for hands-free use
• Video Capture (Mpeg4, Qudio-AMR-NB)
• Netfront v3.5 Web Browser
• Multiple Messaging Options (MMS, SMS, EMS)
• Audio Format Support (AAC, eAAC, AAC+, MP3, WMA9, AMR)
• Internal memory of 94MB and external memory up to 32GB with optional MicroSD
• World roaming on 850/1900/2100 UMTS/HSPA, 850/1900/900/1800 GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks
• Display: 240×320 QVGA
• Weight: 131g
• Dimensions: 101.9 x 52.3 x 21.6
• Talk Time: 4 Hours
The Samsung Rugby II is available from Bell Mobility, Rogers Communications and TELUS. For more information, please visit www.Samsung.ca.
About Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
Samsung Electronics Canada, Inc. (SECA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., markets a broad range of award-winning digital consumer electronics, information systems, telecommunications and home appliance products. SECA upholds Samsung’s mission to provide consumers with innovative digital convergence products that possess exceptional technology, quality, features, performance and value.
Samsung has been a global TOP sponsor of the Olympic Games since 1998 and has been a presenting sponsor of the Olympic Torch Relay from 2004 to 2008. Also through Samsung’s Four Seasons of Hope charity, Samsung helps athletes and celebrities raise funds for their respective charities, including the Wayne Gretzky Foundation in Canada. Samsung is also a proud sponsor of Hockey Canada.
For customer service inquiries, please call 1 – 800 – Samsung (1 – 800 – 726 – 7864), and for more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
1 According to IDC Canada’s Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker 2010