Sportsnet Announces Broadcast Details for Inaugural GLOBL JAM Showcase, July 5-10
– Canada to host basketball’s rising stars in net-new Under-23 international tournament live from Toronto –
June 30, 2022 – Canada is set to be at the centre of the basketball world next week as GLOBL JAM – a first-of-its-kind international showcase – tips off in the heart of Toronto, and Sportsnet is giving fans a front-row seat to the world-class action. Taking over Mattamy Athletic Centre July 5-10, Sportsnet is serving up full-court coverage of the debut men’s and women’s Under-23 basketball showcase, exclusively available on Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet 360, and via live stream on SN NOW.
Set to shine the spotlight on rising stars and teams from around the globe, exclusive coverage of GLOBL JAM gets underway Tuesday, July 5 at 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT as the women’s tournament kicks off between the United States and France, followed by the start of the men’s competition between the United States and Italy. Later that evening, Canada’s women’s and men’s squads launch their GLOBL JAM journey with back-to-back games vs. Belgium and Brazil, respectively. Fans can catch both Canadian teams in action in primetime every night throughout the round robin tournament. (Full broadcast details below).
Delivering the sights, sounds and spectacle of GLOBL JAM, Sportsnet’s roster of hosts, analysts, and reporters will be in the heart of the action starting next Tuesday. The GLOBL JAM on Sportsnet broadcast team includes:
- From the desk – Host Danielle Michaud and analyst Sherman Hamilton provide pre-, post- and halftime coverage live from Mattamy Athletic Centre. Plus, select Sportsnet personalities and VIPs join the desk throughout the tournament week
- Daytime – Play-by-play announcer Ben Shulman will be joined by analyst Jevohn Shepherd to serve up live coverage of the action throughout the afternoon timeslot.
- Primetime – The voice of the Raptors, Matt Devlin has the play-by-play call for all Team Canada games alongside analyst Amy Audibert. Plus, reporter Devo Brown delivers the latest news from courtside.
Adding to Sportsnet’s live game coverage, four local Canadian artists will lend their original music to the soundtrack of GLOBL JAM throughout the week. Music and exclusive videos from Tre Wes, Beals L.e.s, Methadist and E.M. Lourde will be woven throughout Sportsnet’s live coverage and available across the network’s social and digital platforms starting Tuesday. Plus, see the latest original content online at basketball.ca.
Recognized by the International Basketball Federation (FIBA), GLOBL JAM men’s and women’s tournaments will feature two pools of four teams, respectively, competing in round-robin action July 5-7. Teams that advance to the semifinal round will meet on Saturday, July 9, followed by Championship Final matchups on Sunday, July 10.
GLOBL JAM on Sportsnet Broadcast Schedule
Tuesday, July 5
- 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT – Women’s Round Robin: USA vs. France (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT – Men’s Round Robin: USA vs. Italy (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT – Women’s Round Robin: Belgium vs. Canada (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT – Men’s Round Robin: Brazil vs. Canada (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
Wednesday, July 6
- 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT – Women’s Round Robin: France vs. Belgium (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT – Men’s Round Robin: Italy vs. Brazil (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
- 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT – Women’s Round Robin: Canada vs. USA (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
- 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT – Men’s Round Robin: Canada vs. USA (Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
Thursday, July 7
- 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT – Women’s Round Robin: USA vs. Belgium (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT – Men’s Round Robin: USA vs. Brazil (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT – Women’s Round Robin: Canada vs. France (Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360 & SN NOW)
- 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT – Men’s Round Robin: Canada vs. Italy (Sportsnet 360 & SN NOW)
Saturday, July 9
- 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT – Women’s Semifinal #1 (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT – Men’s Semifinal #1 (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 6 p.m. ET / 3 p.m. PT – Women’s Semifinal #2 (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT – Men’s Semifinal #2 (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
Sunday, July 10
- 3:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. PT – Women’s Championship Final (Sportsnet ONE & SN NOW)
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – Men’s Championship Final (Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360 & SN NOW)
As announced last February, Sportsnet and Canada Basketball joined forces on a multi-year partnership to grow the game of basketball from coast-to-coast. Uniting far beyond the broadcast, GLOBL JAM marks the first international collaboration for the partnership.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Subscribe on Youtube youtube.com/sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on TikTok @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, SN NOW+, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.