Sportsnet Announces Exclusive Broadcast Schedule for PWHPA’s Secret Dream Gap Tour in Canada, May 24-30
– Seven-game showcase to stream across Canada on SN NOW and Sportsnet.ca, plus three games slated to air nationally on Sportsnet –
– Blake Bolden, Caroline Ouellette to join Sportsnet broadcast team featuring Leah Hextall, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Caroline Cameron, Jeff Marek and Brendan Parker –
May 20, 2021 – As the Professional Women’s Hockey Players Association (PWHPA) laces up to make hockey history next week, Sportsnet is bringing fans to Calgary to take in the sights, sounds and action of the Secret Dream Gap TourCanadian leg, May 24-30.
As the exclusive national English-language broadcaster, Sportsnet will deliver end-to-end coverage of the round-robin competition between Team Scotiabank (Calgary), Team Sonnet (Toronto) and Team Bauer (Montreal) as they face-off to become the Canadian Secret Cup champion. In addition to live game broadcasts, Sportsnet will showcase the superstars of the PWHPA through an exclusive content series and cross-platform promotion in collaboration with event partner Secret Deodorant.
Sportsnet’s Secret Dream Gap Tour broadcast schedule gets underway May 24 with four back-to-back matchups exclusive to SN NOW from May 24-27 and culminates with three national TV broadcasts on Sportsnet from May 28-30. All seven games will also be available to stream on sportsnet.ca. (Full broadcast details below).
Bringing the excitement and energy of the historic showcase to hockey fans across Canada, Sportsnet’s broadcast team includes:
- From Calgary – Play-by-play announcer Leah Hextall has the call alongside two-time Olympic gold-medallist and Sportsnet analyst Cassie Campbell-Pascall and host Brendan Parker
- At the Desk – Hosts Caroline Cameron and Jeff Marek anchor pre-, intermission and post-game coverage alongside the following panelists:
- Caroline Ouellette – four-time Olympic gold-medallist and 12-time IIHF Women’s World Championship medallist
- Blake Bolden – PWHPA defenseman and L.A. Kings pro scout
- Contributors – Christine Simpson and Tara Slone shine the national spotlight on the athletes of the PWHPA with exclusive interviews and in-depth features.
Secret Dream Gap Tour on Sportsnet – Broadcast Schedule
*all games also available to stream on sportsnet.ca
- Monday, May 24 – Team Sonnet vs. Team Bauer, 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT (SN NOW)
- Tuesday, May 25 – Team Bauer vs. Team Scotiabank, 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT (SN NOW)
- Wednesday, May 26 – Team Scotiabank vs. Team Sonnet, 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT (SN NOW)
- Thursday, May 27 – Team Bauer vs. Team Sonnet, 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT (SN NOW)
- Friday, May 28 – Team Scotiabank vs. Team Bauer, 3:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- Saturday, May 29 – Team Sonnet vs. Team Scotiabank, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
- Sunday, May 30 – Championship Final, 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet & SN NOW)
Complementing Sportsnet’s TV and streaming coverage, fans can get PWHPA news, highlights and headlines on sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet app and across Sportsnet’s YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook channels.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, SN NOW+, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, National Bank Open, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Super League Rugby, Premiership Rugby, Bundesliga, FA Women’s Super League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Sports & Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.