Sportsnet Covers All Bases for 2019 Blue Jays Season, Starting with Opening Day on March 28
– Sportsnet’s multiplatform coverage allows fans to enjoy exclusive Blue Jays content and analysis across multiple TV, radio and digital channels –
TORONTO (March 26, 2019) Sportsnet, the exclusive home of everything Blue Jays, is set to cover the entire 2019 season from all angles, bringing fans live action and extensive content and analysis across multiple TV, radio and digital channels. Sportsnet’s expansive multiplatform coverage means that fans can enjoy all the Blue Jays content they can handle, no matter their medium of choice, right from the first pitch on Opening Day, Thursday, March 28.
Swinging for the fences from game one, Tim & Sid kick off the regular season live from Rogers Centre at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT on Sportsnet and SN NOW. They are followed by Jamie Campbell, Joe Siddall and Cliff Floyd who return to anchor a special 90-minute edition of Blue Jays Central starting at 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT on Sportsnet and SN NOW. Immediately following Blue Jays Central, the Blue Jays regular season gets underway with the Opening Day presented by TD matchup against the Detroit Tigers at 3:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. PT on Sportsnet, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet 650 and SN NOW.
“We recognize that Blue Jays fans are hungry for unique content on a variety of platforms,” said Bart Yabsley, President of Sportsnet. “In addition to the high quality television production and expert insights that viewers have come to expect from Sportsnet, we will continue to integrate world-class radio broadcasts, social media initiatives, podcasts, blogs, web features, and more into our Blue Jays coverage throughout the season.”
On radio, Sportsnet 590 The Fan broadcasts live from the Rogers Centre beginning at 9 a.m. ET / 6 a.m. PT with a lineup of The Jeff Blair Show, Baseball Central, and Good Show leading into the Blue Jays Opening Day matchup. Immediately following the game, Sportsnet’s latest roster addition Scott MacArthur makes his regular season Blue Jays Talk debut on Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN & Sportsnet 650, taking calls from fans and providing in-depth post-game analysis.
After a season of turnover on the field and in the clubhouse, Sportsnet’s special features will help fans get acquainted with some of the newest Blue Jays, and also get to know the veteran fan favourites even better:
Click on the image above to see the trailer.
- Charlie Montoyo – Nino de Oro: For the latest in Sportsnet’s series of in-depth, intimate looks at the Blue Jays, Stephen Brunt traveled to Puerto Rico, to the Montoyo family home in Tucson, and to Spring Training in Dunedin, and was granted unprecedented access. The result is a story of family, of Puerto Rican baseball culture, and especially of perseverance. Brunt’s television documentary and accompanying sportsnet.ca “Big Read” are set to debut on March 31 immediately following the conclusion of the Blue Jays Opening Weekend series versus the Detroit Tigers.
- Veteran Perspectives: On Opening Day, Hazel Mae sits down with two of the Blue Jays’ longest tenured players, Kevin Pillar and Justin Smoak, who discuss their friendship and a team in transition.
2019 Blue Jays Broadcast Schedule on Sportsnet
As the exclusive home of everything Blue Jays, Sportsnet delivers live coverage of the 2019 season on Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet Radio Network and SN NOW (find the most up-to-date information about the Blue Jays’ broadcast schedule here).
Key details of the 2019 Blue Jays on Sportsnet include:
- Blue Jays Central – Leading off Blue Jays broadcasts throughout the season, Campbell continues in his familiar role as host, while Siddall and Floyd share their expert insights.
- In the Booth – Providing commentary to the 2019 season, Buck Martinez and Dan Shulman cover play-by-play duties, with Pat Tabler filling the role of analyst.
- On the Field – From field-level to the clubhouse, reporters Mae and Arash Madani keep fans up-to-date with the latest game-day news.
- Tim & Sid – Fan-favourites Tim Micallef and Sid Seixeiro lead off all weekday Blue Jays broadcasts on Sportsnet throughout the season, beginning at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT.
Sportsnet Radio Network – Sportsnet 590 The FAN (Toronto), Sportsnet 960 The FAN (Calgary), Sportsnet 650 (Vancouver) and up to 21 additional radio stations across Canada (check local listings):
- In the Radio Booth – Ben Wagner and Mike Wilner share the radio play-by-play call across the Sportsnet Radio Network.
- Blue Jays Talk – New host MacArthur takes calls from fans and provides post-game analysis following each regular season game.
Sportsnet 590 The FAN:
- Baseball Central – Hosts Jeff Blair and Kevin Barker keep fans up-to-date with the latest news from the MLB, weekdays at 11 a.m. ET.
- Buffalo Bisons – Blue Jays fans can also listen to the future of the franchise with 12 live broadcasts of Bisons regular season games this summer. For the full schedule, visit www.bisons.com.
The ultimate destination for everything Blue Jays, Sportsnet.ca and the Sportsnet mobile app provide fans with the latest news, analysis and must-see highlights:
- Sportsnet Insiders Shi Davidi, Ben Nicholson-Smith and Arden Zwelling deliver 24/7 beat coverage of Canada’s Team.
- Analyst Jonah Keri’s weekly column offers a fun, intelligent and analytics-based perspective on the Blue Jays and MLB.
- With additional coverage from Blair, MacArthur, and fan blogger Tao of Stieb, Sportsnet’s roster of baseball writers offer the most versatile, entertaining and comprehensive coverage of the team anywhere in Canada.
- Insiders Zwelling and Nicholson-Smith host their weekly baseball podcast, At the Letters presented by Ford.
- Sportsnet.ca’s up-to-the-minute MLB Live Tracker ensures fans won’t miss a moment of action all season long.
Social Media Links
Official Website www.sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet www.facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet @Sportsnet
Follow Tim & Sid @timandsid
Follow Jamie Campbell @SNETCampbell
Follow Joe Siddall @SiddallJoe
Follow Cliff Floyd @CliffFloyd30
Follow Scott MacArthur @ScottyMacThinks
Follow Hazel Mae @thehazelmae
Follow Dan Shulman @DShulman_ESPN
Follow Arash Madani @ArashMadani
Follow Tim Micallef @tim_micallef
Follow Sid Seixeiro @Sid_Seixeiro
Follow Ben Wagner @benwag247
Follow Mike Wilner @Wilnerness590
Follow Jeff Blair @SNJeffBlair
Follow Shi Davidi @ShiDavidi
Follow Ben Nicholson-Smith @bnicholsonsmith
Follow Arden Zwelling @ArdenZwelling
Follow Jonah Keri @jonahkeri
Follow Tao of Stieb @TaoofStieb
Follow Sportsnet 590 The FAN @FAN590
Follow Sportsnet 960 The FAN @Sportsnet960
Follow Sportsnet 650 @Sportsnet650
Official Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of four regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Premier League and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI).