The Champs Are Here: Sportsnet Unveils 2019-20 Toronto Raptors Broadcast Schedule
– Sportsnet to broadcast 41 regular season games across television, streaming, and radio platforms –
– Devlin, Rautins, Fay, Grange, Smith and Jones return as Sportsnet’s broadcast team –
TORONTO (September 16, 2019) Answering the call of the North, Sportsnet is going courtside with extensive coverage of the 2019 NBA Champions. From the banner raising to the final buzzer, Sportsnet will broadcast 41 Toronto Raptors matchups this season across its TV, streaming, and radio platforms.
Sportsnet’s coverage of the Raptors’ 25th season tips off Tuesday, Oct. 22 when Toronto hosts Zion Williamson and the New Orleans Pelicans on the NBA’s Opening Night at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet NOW and Sportsnet NOW+. The network’s broadcast will also feature exclusive coverage of the Championship banner raising and ring ceremony live from Scotiabank Arena.
Sportsnet is also set to deliver pre-season action live from the NBA Japan Games as the Raptors meet the Houston Rockets in Tokyo on October 8 and 10 (full broadcast schedule online).
Sportsnet’s multiplatform coverage of the Toronto Raptors broadcast schedule includes:
TV & Live Stream
Reaching basketball fans across the North, Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet NOW will be home to 41 Raptors games this season. Highlights from Sportsnet’s coverage of the 2019-20 Raptors include:
- Toronto’s first meeting with Kawhi Leonard in Los Angeles on Nov. 11
- The Raptors first appearance in a marquee Christmas Day matchup, live from Toronto against the Boston Celtics
- Two matchups against DeMar DeRozan and the San Antonio Spurs
- Two meetings with Canadian rising star RJ Barrett and the New York Knicks
Bringing fans closer to the game they love, Sportsnet’s broadcast team features:
- Veteran play-by-play announcer Matt Devlin and game analyst Leo Rautins
- Real-time updates and exclusive interviews with NBA Insider Michael Grange and reporter Eric Smith
- Home game panel discussions anchored by host Brad Fay live from Scotiabank Arena
Radio – Sportsnet 590 The FAN and the Sportsnet Radio Network
As the official broadcast partner of the Toronto Raptors, Sportsnet 590 The FAN is set to deliver 41 games throughout the regular season. Play-by-play announcer Eric Smith returns to the broadcast booth alongside game analyst Paul Jones on Sportsnet Radio Network, beginning Oct. 22.
Digital – Sportsnet.ca & the Sportsnet app
The ultimate destination for all things Raps, Sportsnet.ca delivers wall-to-wall NBA coverage throughout the season. Coverage includes:
- Instant analysis with Faizal Khamisa and Danielle Michaud on the most important Raptors storylines on Sportsnet’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts, plus Sportsnet.ca and YouTube.
- Live weekly editions of NBA Chatroom, Sportsnet’s interactive YouTube show. Hosted by Khamisa and Donnovan Bennett, NBA Chatroom focuses on trending Raptors storylines, the broader NBA landscape and the culture of basketball on and off the court.
- In-depth features, Big Reads and ongoing analysis from Sportsnet’s leading basketball experts Grange, Arden Zwelling, Dave Zarum, Steven Loung and
- Multi-platform coverage of the Raptors historic 25th season, including a long-form ranking of the top 25 Raptors of all time from Sportsnet’s most plugged-in NBA insiders.
- New editions of the Free Association podcast serves up the latest news, analysis and interviews with hosts Bennett and D. Bunkis.
- Behind-the-scenes content during the biggest games of the season on Sportsnet’s Instagram account.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, WWE, IndyCar, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.