The House Always Wins: Sportsnet and Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling Go All In On Vegas for 2020-21 Season
– Grand Slam series expands to the United States, reinforcing commitment to grow curling internationally –
– 2020-21 Grand Slam season also includes events in Sarnia (ON), Grande Prairie (AB), Chestermere (AB) and Toronto (ON) –
TORONTO (February 20, 2020) Sportsnet is raising the curling stakes! Curling’s premier series is set to take on the bright lights of Las Vegas next year as Sportsnet today unveiled its 2020-21 Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling season schedule.
For the first time in Grand Slam history, the six-event series will be expanding outside of Canada to host the world’s elite curlers at the MERIDIAN Open in Las Vegas, NV from January 12-17, 2021. Live from Vegas’ Orleans Arena, the milestone Grand Slam event will feature the best field of competitors and most teams to ever compete in curling’s desert oasis.
“Since acquiring the Grand Slam series in 2012, Sportsnet has been committed to growing the sport of curling in Canada and internationally,” said Rob Corte, Vice President, Sportsnet and NHL Production. “Expanding to Las Vegas is an opportunity to showcase the world’s best curlers outside of Canada, while continuing to deliver the high-calibre competition and entertainment curling fans have come to expect of the Grand Slam series.”
In addition to the Vegas bonspiel, the complete 2020-21 Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling season will also include stops in passionate curling communities across Canada (schedule below).
Complementing the exceptional in-venue experience of the Grand Slam series, Sportsnet will continue to deliver world-class curling coverage to viewers from coast-to-coast across its TV and digital platforms throughout the 2020-2021 season.
2020-21 Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling Schedule
*Ticket information for the below events is available online
- Masters – Sarnia, ON |Oct. 20-25, 2020 at Sarnia Arena | Full-event passes available
- KIOTI Tractor Tour Challenge – Grande Prairie, AB | Nov. 3-8, 2020 at Coca-Cola Centre | Ticket details to come
- BOOST National – Chestermere, AB | Dec. 8-13, 2020 at Chestermere Recreational Centre | Full-event passes available
- MERIDIAN Open – Las Vegas, NV | Jan. 12-17, 2021 at Orleans Arena | Tickets available Feb. 24
- Princess Auto Players’ Championship – Toronto, ON | Apr. 13-18, 2021 at Ryerson’s Mattamy Athletic Centre | Ticket details to come
- Humpty’s Champions Cup – TBD | Apr. 27- May 2, 2021
Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling
Owned and operated by Sportsnet since 2012, the Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling is an elite series of six curling events, which are part of the World Curling Tour and feature the best men’s and women’s teams from across Canada and around the world. Awarding equal purses to both men’s and women’s teams, Pinty’s Grand Slam of Curling presents $2.1 million in total prize money each season. For more events details, please visit the Grand Slam series website here.
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports network. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, SN NOW+, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Toronto Blue Jays and Toronto Raptors, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, WWE, Premier League, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.