Toronto’s Home of Hockey: Sportsnet to Deliver 56 Toronto Maple Leafs Games on TV and Live Stream, 41 on Radio for 2019-20 NHL Season
– Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL LIVE to stream Maple Leafs regional games blackout free –
– Bartlett, Millen, McKenzie and Johnston return as regional TV broadcast team; Bowen and Ralph anchor radio coverage on Sportsnet 590 The FAN –
TORONTO (September 12, 2019) Bringing fans to the heart of Leafs Nation, Sportsnet will produce and broadcast 56 Toronto Maple Leafs games this season on TV and 41 radio games on Sportsnet 590 The FAN. All Sportsnet TV broadcasts will also be available to stream live on Sportsnet NOW, with blackout-free coverage on Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL LIVE.
The puck drops in Toronto for NHL Opening Night on Wednesday, Oct. 2 as the Maple Leafs host the Ottawa Senators at 7 p.m. ET on Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL LIVE.
Sportsnet will also air four Maple Leafs pre-season matchups across its radio, television and streaming platforms, beginning Friday, Sept. 20. (Full TV and radio broadcast schedule online).
Key details of Sportsnet’s exclusive coverage of the entire 2019-20 Maple Leafs season:
Reaching hockey fans across Canada, Sportsnet’s national Maple Leafs broadcast schedule begins October 2 on Opening Night. Coverage includes:
- 24 Hockey Night in Canada appearances, beginning with a classic showdown against the Montreal Canadiens, Oct. 5
- 11 Original Six matchups, including two rematches against long-time playoff rival Boston Bruins
- A meeting with 2019 Stanley Cup champion St. Louis Blues on Dec. 7
Sportsnet Ontario will be home to Maple Leafs regional coverage this season, beginning Thursday, Oct. 10. Sportsnet’s coverage features:
- Play-by-play announcer John Bartlett and game analyst Greg Millen
- Ice level updates and exclusive interviews from reporter Shawn McKenzie and insider Chris Johnston
- Highlights from Sportsnet’s regional Leafs schedule include:
- A meeting with the Carolina Hurricanes for the annual midday Next Generation Game on Dec. 23
- A hometown visit for Auston Matthews when the Leafs meet the Coyotes in Arizona on Nov. 21
- Two showdowns with Atlantic Division rival Tampa Bay Lightning
Radio – Sportsnet 590 The FAN
As the radio home of the Maple Leafs, Sportsnet 590 The FAN’s coverage gets underway on Opening Night, and will feature:
- Veteran radio play-by-play announcer Joe Bowen and game analyst Jim Ralph
- Post-game analysis following all 82 regular season games
- Daily updates, insight and discussion on Hockey Central at Noon, hosted by Jeff Marek and David Amber
Digital – Sportsnet.ca & Sportsnet app
- Must-read columns and features from Leafs insiders Chris Johnston and Luke Fox
- Videos, highlights and interviews on Sportsnet’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts
As Canada’s home of the NHL and the exclusive English-language national broadcast rights holder of NHL games in Canada, Sportsnet is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN) and Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650). In addition to regular season coverage of Canada’s NHL teams, Sportsnet’s 2019-20 national broadcast schedule also features the biggest events of the NHL season, including the 2020 NHL All-Star Game, the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the 2020 Stanley Cup Final.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, WWE, IndyCar, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.