Vancouver’s Home of Hockey: Sportsnet Delivers All 82 Vancouver Canucks Games for 2019-20 NHL Season
– Batchelor and Hirsch have the call for all 82 Canucks games on Sportsnet 650 –
– Regional Canucks broadcasts available to stream blackout free on Sportsnet NOW+ and NHL LIVE –
TORONTO (August 27, 2019) Hitting the ice for the 50th season of the Vancouver Canucks, Sportsnet is set to deliver exclusive coverage of all 82 Canucks matchups across its television, radio, streaming services and digital platforms.
Sportsnet will also broadcast Canucks pre-season matchups on Sportsnet ONE and Sportsnet Pacific (full broadcast schedule online).
Key details of Sportsnet’s exclusive coverage of the entire 2019-20 Canucks season:
Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 9 live from Rogers Arena, Sportsnet will deliver all regional Canucks broadcasts exclusively on Sportsnet Pacific. Sportsnet’s Canucks television broadcast team features:
- Play-by-play announcer John Shorthouse and game analyst John Garrett
- Sportsnet panel discussions live from Rogers Arena hosted by Dan Murphy
- Contributions from NHL on Sportsnet insider Iain MacIntyre
Highlights from Sportsnet’s regional Canucks broadcast schedule include:
- 14 matchups against Pacific Division rivals
- 10 all-Canadian showdowns on Sportsnet Pacific
- Two meetings with 2019 Stanley Cup champions St. Louis Blues at Rogers Arena
Available to Canucks fans across Canada, Sportsnet’s national Canucks broadcast schedule includes:
- 15 Hockey Night in Canada appearances, beginning with a Canucks-Flames showdown on Oct. 5.
- A home-ice advantage matchup against the Flames during Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada on Feb. 8
Radio – Sportsnet 650
As the exclusive radio home of the Canucks, Sportsnet 650 is set to deliver all 82 games this season. Returning to the broadcast booth, play-by-play announcer Brendan Batchelor will have the call alongside game analyst Corey Hirsch.
- Must-read columns and features from Canucks insider Iain MacIntyre
- Videos, highlights and interviews on Sportsnet’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook accounts
As Canada’s home of the NHL and the exclusive English-language national broadcast rights holder of NHL games in Canada, Sportsnet is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN) and Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN). In addition to regular season coverage of Canada’s NHL teams, Sportsnet’s 2019-20 national broadcast schedule also features the biggest events of the NHL season, including the 2020 NHL All-Star Game, the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the 2020 Stanley Cup Final.
Social Media Links
Official website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand. Uniting Canadians through sport, Sportsnet’s multimedia offerings include Sportsnet (consisting of 4 regional channels: East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet World, the Sportsnet Radio Network, Sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet NOW, the Sportsnet app, and podcasts. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multiplatform rights holder, and is the regional broadcaster for the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, and Toronto Maple Leafs. Sportsnet also has extensive coverage of the Blue Jays, as well as NBA, MLB, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, WWE, IndyCar, and FA Cup. Sportsnet is part of Rogers Media, which is a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc. (TSX, NYSE: RCI). Visit Sportsnet.ca.