From Vegas to Chicago: Sportsnet Delivers Coverage of 2017 NHL Awards, NHL Expansion Draft and 2017 NHL Draft
– Vegas Golden Knights team to be revealed during NHL Awards broadcast on Wednesday –
– Multiplatform coverage of 2017 NHL Draft begins Friday on Sportsnet –Join the conversation: #MeetTheFuture TORONTO (June 19, 2017) The playoffs may be over, but Sportsnet continues to bring the latest NHL news and events to fans across the country this week. Comprehensive coverage of the 2017 NHL Awards and NHL Expansion Draft from Las Vegas airs on Wednesday, June 21 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT and the 2017 NHL Draft from Chicago starts on Friday, June 23 at 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT. Coverage of these events is available on Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, Sportsnet Radio Network and Sportsnet.ca. Making the awards of particular interest to Canadian hockey fans, a total of six players and two coaches from Canadian teams are in the running for major NHL Awards. The list includes: Edmonton’s Connor McDavid (Hart Trophy) and Todd McLellan (Jack Adams Award), Toronto’s Auston Matthews (Calder Trophy) and Mike Babcock (Jack Adams Award), Winnipeg’s Patrik Laine (Calder Trophy), Montreal’s Carey Price (Vezina Trophy), Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson (Norris Trophy) and Calgary’s Johnny Gaudreau (Lady Byng Memorial Trophy). In between handing out the hardware, the results of the expansion draft for the NHL’s newest team, the Vegas Golden Knights, will be revealed during segments hosted by Daren Millard and NBC’s Kathryn Tappen. Elliotte Friedman and David Amber will also be on-site in Las Vegas to lend their expert insight into the proceedings with Gene Principe reporting for Sportsnet Central. Sportsnet’s in-depth analysis of all things NHL continues on the weekend with the 2017 NHL Draft as multiplatform coverage on television, radio and digital will give fans an extensive look into the prospects selected to be part of the future of their favourite teams. Sportsnet’s coverage of the 2017 NHL Draft on all platforms includes: Television All Sportsnet 2017 NHL Draft coverage available on Sportsnet NOW All programming is subject to change Wednesday, June 21
- 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT on Sportsnet – The 2017 NHL Draft Preview hosted by Millard will air just before the 2017 NHL Awards and NHL Expansion Draft. Tune in for analysis on the draft strategy for Canadian teams, first-round prospects and a feature on potential No. 1 pick Nolan Patrick.
- 6:30 p.m. ET / 3:30 p.m. PT on Sportsnet – The Hockey Central Draft Special kicks off the evening followed by the first round of the 2017 NHL Draft which gets underway at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT with Sportsnet’s roster of hockey experts covering all the angles:
- On the desk: Millard hosts the panel of Sam Cosentino and Louie DeBrusk
- On the floor: Friedman and Jeff Marek report the stories, trade rumours and reactions from the teams on the floor
- With the players: Tara Slone gets the first reactions and raw emotions from the players moments after they are drafted
- Sportsnet Central: Sean Reynolds will be on-site in Chicago to provide daily updates for Sportsnet Central, alongside Sportsnet’s team of hockey analysts.
- 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT – LIVE: Rounds 2 – 7 of the 2017 NHL Draft on Sportsnet
- Friedman and Chris Johnston report up-to-the-minute news as part of NHL Network’s coverage
- 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT – LIVE: First Round of the 2017 NHL Draft (Sportsnet 960 The FAN and Sportsnet.ca/590)
- 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT – LIVE: Rounds 2 – 7 of the 2017 NHL Draft (Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN)
- Prospects of Interests: Leading up to Friday’s draft, Sportsnet.ca will post in-depth player profiles, detailing the strengths and weaknesses of the Top 31 draft prospects.
- NHL Mock Drafts: Following a season of speculation, junior hockey analysts Marek and Cosentino release their final predictions for Friday’s first round selection.
- Reddit AMA: Cosentino joins the online Reddit community at /r/hockey on Tuesday, June 20 at 1 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT to answer hockey fans’ burning Draft questions.
- Draft Night Live Blog: During Friday night’s first round, Sportsnet’s Luke Fox will be sharing his observations, thoughts and analysis, along with stats and some of the best reactions on social media in a live blog at sportsnet.ca.
- From the Teams: On Friday night, Sportsnet’s roster of NHL columnists will breakdown the Draft results from the eyes of each Canadian NHL team.